Moggi about mercato (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
so what?he'd use the money to complete the transfers of mexes and ferrari,two players who'd be of more help to the present team than gilardino would.

either way,we lose out to some extent.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
No. Moggi is human. The problem is that everyboy expects him to buy a Zidane every damn year. Not gonna happen. Sometimes he gets it righ, sometimes he doesn't. I like him though, cuz at least he is not runnin Juventus in to a financial hell.

Have just a little patience. Like I said in previous post, Capello didn't sign for Juve without the assurance of not havin a competitive team. He is not going to settle with a team that last year sucked ass. Trust me. Juventus will buy. I have no clue of when or who, but they will buy.

and I have a feelin that somebody big as well. Just ahve little patience.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Sparty,

Those who knows are well aware that I am a big Moggi fan.
But even as a Moggi fan I am beginning to be wary of our transfer campaign.
Firstly the names that we have been linked with have mostly been 28+. This hardly a way to build a team that is aging and lacked hunger and desire last year. While a lot of the transfer rumors were conjured up, I am pretty many of them were pretty valid based on the infos leaked by some insiders.
Secondly, we have to prepare CL qualification which means that we are pretty short on transfer period than usual. Moggi for me have been too inactive than I expected of him at this point, and I cant imagine him signing four or 5 players at once that I feel are needed to make us a competitive squad both at CL and Serie A. Thirdly, there havent been enough clear-out which suggests that the number of players we are going to buy might be limited. Bad sign for a team, IMO, that needs some injection of freshness and competitiveness in the team.
While I expected a positive transfer campaign, precisely because of the main strenght of Capello's is his ability to identify players that can help the team, but up until this point I am extremely disappointed not with our buys but lack of it. Moggi has to get his act together in next couple of weeks otherwise we might be having another annus horribles for another year.

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
Well Jun I will be worried if by the end of the next week we wont buy anyone. I think that is the dead line, although don't forget that Marco Di Vaio was bought at the end of august...In case the scenario that u r thinkin would happen, there will be a reason and that is that Capello thinks that Juve doesn't need anyone. Capello is probably the best one to know if Juve needs or doesn't. So I wouldn't worry too much. Remember that with him everybody starts from 0 and that could make some players that last year sucked only better.

but like I said I'm sure they will buy. People gets nervous cuz all the other teams pretty much bought everything and we are the only ones that didn't buy nothin...patience my friend, patience.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
if we are going to buy we have to buy soon.time is running short.while it's of course possible that moggi will pull of a couple of really good coups by the deadline few dare expect him to.

Mar 14, 2004
Roma kids stall deal for Parma defender Ferrari

The agents of AS Roma youngsters Cesare Bovo and Damiano Ferronetti have stalled Parma defender Matteo Ferrari's move to the capital.

The two clubs have agreed a deal which would see Ferrari move to Roma in part-exchange for the young Roma duo. But the agents of both Bovo and Ferronetti are threatening to block the deal by their big contract demands.

Parma have so far baulked at meeting what both Roma youngsters are demanding and in doing so have prevented Ferrari from leaving.

However, Roma director general Franco Baldini is confident everything will eventually be sorted out: "The agreement between Roma and Parma for Ferrari has already been made."

I know its OT but it is a funny situation.....if thats true....Moggi could step in and fukk Roma once again :cool: and we will be happy:D

Aug 26, 2003
here is something from moggi:

Moggi ha il colpo pronto (Corriere dello Sport)
17/07/2004 10.50.00
Giovedì la presentazione della squadra ma la Juve deve ancora rafforzarsi, specie nel reparto arretrato: le sue strategie
Oddo, Bonera, Juan, Cannavaro o Ojfalusi: ecco i puntelli per la difesa
La società bianconera ha comunicato che giovedì 23 avverrà la presentazione ufficiale della squadra. Se Moggi ha detto la verità il 3 luglio tra meno di una settimana il popolo bianconero vedrà finalmente da vicino qualche volto nuovo. D'altronde prima o poi la Juve dovrà cambiare, migliorare e migliorarsi: in caso contrario, tanti saluti ai sogni di gloria e profilo basso.

i used translator and the following is the result:

Moggi has the ready blow (Courier of the Sport) 17/07/2004 10.50.00 Thursdays the presentation of the square but the Juve must be still strengthened, species in the rear unit: its strategies Oddo, Bonera, Juan, Cannavaro or Ojfalusi: here the supports for the defense the bianconera society has communicated that thursday 23 will happen the official presentation of the square. If Moggi has said the truth the 3 July between less than a week the bianconero people it will see finally give some new face close. D'altronde the Juve will have to change, to improve and sooner or later to be improved: in contrary case, many salutes to the Gloria dreams and low profile.

hmm..as i understand it, (i don't know if i am right) we will see some new faces to july 23??? is this possible? it is just a week!

ok we will see

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'd take ujfalusi and maybe canna....but it ain't a surprise that we're gonna announce our buys this week.the CL registration deadline's just round the corner.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Roma kids stall deal for Parma defender Ferrari

The agents of AS Roma youngsters Cesare Bovo and Damiano Ferronetti have stalled Parma defender Matteo Ferrari's move to the capital.

The two clubs have agreed a deal which would see Ferrari move to Roma in part-exchange for the young Roma duo. But the agents of both Bovo and Ferronetti are threatening to block the deal by their big contract demands.

Parma have so far baulked at meeting what both Roma youngsters are demanding and in doing so have prevented Ferrari from leaving.

However, Roma director general Franco Baldini is confident everything will eventually be sorted out: "The agreement between Roma and Parma for Ferrari has already been made."

I know its OT but it is a funny situation.....if thats true....Moggi could step in and fukk Roma once again :cool: and we will be happy:D
source..............tribalfootball.com
I don't think that Moggi will make anything to make Roma even more angry!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Sparty,

The reason I am worried is that I think we need more signings than in the past. As far as I am concerned, we will need at least 2 bonified CB, winger, youthful striker, and midfield general - and this is a bare minimum IMO. We can also do with additional full-back, winger, and CB IMO.
The fact is Montero, Legro, Iluliano, Camoranesi just doesnt belong to a worldclass team like Juve, and Tacchinardi, Trezeguet (in recent form) are good role players at best. Furthermore, our best players, Buffon, Del Piero, Nedved, Thuram lacked form last year and I think there is genuine chance that this could be start of decline. This is not to mention the fact that we were seriously short on depth at times.
Signing 3 or 4 players wont be enough for me and I am really concerned because Milan, Roma, Inter have fantastic group of players that are vastly superior to our aging team.
Capello is a fantastic coach, and we know that good management is an essential ingredient to successful FC, but at the end of day coach can only do with what he have. Loosing Mexes and Ferrari, IMO, were not an option and if both of them indeed join Roma, I would be very dissatisfied with Moggi.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++

No Jank in the package?
well, udine want to much for him, Capello wants Zambrotta as left-back, and Chiellini should be his sub. So I wouldn't buy Jankulovski, I would spend the money for a new right-winger, as Camoranesi is the only one in the squad, and he is not that constant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)