[MLS] United States Soccer (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Ugh, I hate Wendys. The food is absolute crap there
I hate Wendys, McDonald's, and Burger King. Because they all buy the majority of their ground beef from Brazil. If you weren't aware, most of the nearly 78 million acres of rainforest destroyed per year, is burned down in order to cheaply graze cattle on that land and sell the beef to American fastfood companies. That's why you can buy a cheesburger for 99 cents. Sickeninig, reallly.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    And all this food talk matters because.....?

Former DC United captain Ryan Nelson made his debut for Blackburn last weekend and was pivotal in their shutout victory. He looks like a very good CB.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I hate Wendys, McDonald's, and Burger King. Because they all buy the majority of their ground beef from Brazil. If you weren't aware, most of the nearly 78 million acres of rainforest destroyed per year, is burned down in order to cheaply graze cattle on that land and sell the beef to American fastfood companies. That's why you can buy a cheesburger for 99 cents. Sickeninig, reallly.
    Well, I have no idea if thats true so I believe you, but Venezuela has a small part of the Amazonas rainforest and that part has never been touched by humans

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

Well, I have no idea if thats true so I believe you, but Venezuela has a small part of the Amazonas rainforest and that part has never been touched by humans
    That's what you think

Chavez probably cut 40% of the entire forest and sold it overseas.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Overseas to who? what he probably did is letting the colombian guerrilla work there and do whatever they want. Venezuela and Colombia are currently having problems with that and that moron Chavez has almost declared war to Colombia

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Personally, I don't understand how any sane being can eat at a chain junk food emporium with any self-respect. But millions do anyway.

It's one thing when you live in, say, rural New Jersey where you can't find a single Mexican restaurant (let alone a decent one) to save your life. But anyone who lives near any moden, major metropolitan centers in the States has no excuse for eating garbage.

So I generally don't even make a mental connection when someone talks about decent food in an area and, as often happens in Juventuz, the mention of these chain atrocities always comes up.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Overseas to who? what he probably did is letting the colombian guerrilla work there and do whatever they want. Venezuela and Colombia are currently having problems with that and that moron Chavez has almost declared war to Colombia
    What's up with the Chavez saga these days anyway? He's in office, he's out, he's booted out, he charges back in...

Damn, it's gotten worse than the Emerson transfer saga over the summer.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #50
    Gabriel urges Everton to go for American star Donovan
    tribalfootball.com - January 28, 2005

Former Everton player and manager Jimmy Gabriel has urged the club to move for USA international Landon Donovan.

The striker is tied to Bayer Leverkusen, but is keen to move to the Premiership, where he almost joined Portsmouth last season.

"I would be pleased if Everton got Landon - he's the type of player that would be good for them, and their style of play would suit him," Gabriel told the Daily Post.

"He's a great athlete with great fitness, he's brave and he scores goals with either foot or his head - and he has done it at the highest level."

Gabriel is now based in the USA and is assistant coach at the Seattle Sounders.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #51
    Great win for the United States today, 2-1 over Trinidad and Tobago. Eddie Johnson scored for the fourth time in as many games, and he seems to be a great young player. Preston North End midfielder Eddie Lewis scored the second goal, a rocket of a shot from 18 yards out with his signature left peg. So the United State's WC Qualifying has started out well, and we will be looking forward to playing Mexico at their Azteca (Biohazardous) stadium.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #53
    Mexico City has absolutely horrible air quality, as their high elevation is perfect for collecting smog. That place makes Detroit seem like Maui.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    And to think that the situation in Mexico City is only going to get worse over the next 20-30 years... probably when it surpasses Tokyo as the world's most populous city.

Eddie Johnson has been a real find. Some people seem to have their way when it comes to internationals (e.g., Baros in Euro 2004), and Eddie seems to be having his moment.

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Mexico City has absolutely horrible air quality, as their high elevation is perfect for collecting smog. That place makes Detroit seem like Maui.
    That is because the city was constructed and founded in a valley, a sort of volcano. The smog just sits their.

Killzone it up?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
    That is because the city was constructed and founded in a valley, a sort of volcano. The smog just sits their.

Killzone it up?
    In a valley? Hardly. Mexico city stands on a very high plateau. The reason that the air quality is so poor is a combination of: poor regulations, adverse wind patterns, and the elevation which keeps the relatively heavy polutant particles neared to the ground level...

Apr 12, 2004

In a valley? Hardly. Mexico city stands on a very high plateau. The reason that the air quality is so poor is a combination of: poor regulations, adverse wind patterns, and the elevation which keeps the relatively heavy polutant particles neared to the ground level...
    That's what I said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)