[MLS] Major League Soccer (USA) (1 Viewer)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Not a great time to start the thread, but oh well ;)
The San Jose Earthquakes won the MLS Cup this year, with a 4-2 win over the Chicago Fire. story here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/w...node=&contentId=A8624-2003Nov23&notFound=true

DC United have fired Ray Hudson, their English coach for two years, and are looking at several possible replacements, including retired Chicago Fire midfielder John Nowak, and Juan Carlos Osorio, an assistant coach at Manchester city. both stories here:
Nowak:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37107-2003Dec4.html

Osorio:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A2824-2003Dec15.html

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
since we have a thread about german league somewhere so why not mls?

after all, number of americans recently increased, so why not.

and serge, you started a thread about american football. you might get booted of for that :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Shhhhhh, only 3 people know about that.:)

I don't really follow MLS too much, but now that Freddy Adu is there, I may go to some NE Revolution games when DC united are in town.

OP
Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    I hope Adu is all he is hyped up to be! DC United needs a start big time! lol-Serge-seeing that you started an american football thread and weren't kicked out, I should be fine ;)

OP
    Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    Forza Donovan ;)
    I wonder how he would fare, say in the EPL or Series A.......I can't really say because I don't see many games at all-but are there many MLS players that are good enough to play in Europe? obviously, all those goalies, but are there any strikers, or midfielders?

Dec 17, 2003
    Hi guys! I got tired on my home-thread and decided to take part in other topics! :D

Anyway... Isn't Marcelo Balboa playing in the Premier League now? Well, he's half Argentinean/half American, so that's why! :D :D

Coby Jones was a good player, as well. And I think he played in some European second class league.

And do you remember Tony Meola? HAHA! Didn't he go to to play in the NFL then? He surely looked like a footballer more than a soccer goalie :D

Dec 17, 2003
    ¿¿¿¿¿????

Alexis Lalas the guitar player??? He had some crazy hair as far as I can remember...

By the way, I saw that Freddy Adu on the last Youth World Cup and I think he's a little bit overrated...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    what about that dude with the wildlife-reservation of bad hair?
    Clint Mathis?

The (decent) USA players I know:

Adu, Donovan, McBride, Friedel, Keller, Reyna,

Dec 17, 2003
    There you are! I confused Balboa with Reyna. This one has played in Germany (Leverkusen and Wolfsburg), England (Sunderland) and is currently in Rangers (Scotland Premier) if I'm not wrong...

Still, it's another case of an American player with Latin roots. ;)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Lallas actually was the only player to play in Serie A.

He played for Parma, and they gave him a rousing standing ovation when he played his last match for them.

And, mago. YOU SAID SOCCER!!!

OP
    Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    DC United hired Nowak as their head coach...lets see if they can start winning :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)