Mladen Petric (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussb...mio-angebot/juve-will-petric,geo=4099008.html

German (very doubtful) source states that we are after Dortmund's Petric (27). The article says something around 20mio €.
I don't believe it's true, BUT, somebody told me we were following petric since his professional debut, and maybe we just would have wanted to see how he plays in a 'bigger league' and then seal the deal.

Don't know what to think about this one really. We should rather be after a young promising talent, than a 27 yr old above-average striker (He's quite good, i think he'll impress in the European Cup)
However, those 20 mio are BS; i'd say he'll cost 10-15 at max. Don't think he's worth a lot more

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Petric is excellent, would be quite usefull for us but not for that amount certainly.

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
he is good. he was the one who knocked english mans out of Europa( if i am not wrong), but i think pay 2 million extra for diego....IMO

OP

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
  • Thread Starter #5
    I agree with te opinions so far. Petric would be a great addition, he surely IS good, but 20 mio is by far too much. with 20 mio, we would not be far away from a diego-transfer which would definately improve our squad a lot more than bringing petric. Also, we are constantly linked with strikers, although our focus atm should be midfield (AM) and defense!!! Up front we're fine, i heard ekdal had his medical visits today, and he's fine and will join juve in summer. Should he not be loaned out, he could be our last striker-sub.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

1. Petric is primarily an attacker, though he can play left wing, I believe that was his natural position. He's more effective as an attacker.
    2. 20mil is dog's bollocks. Bundesliga players are seriously undervalued and I don't thin Dortmund can get a cent over €10mil for him. I believe they payed arond 3.5 for him to Basel. If we could get him for under 10 I'd be all for it.

He's fast, strong and has an excellent shot. As a rotational player with DP he'd be really great and we're gonna need that next year with more games. He scores goals and knows how to shake off opponents, he's really tireless up front and could actually cover for Nedved from time to time. The other plus to him is that he takes excellent free-kicks and he's LEFT footed, something we don't have. DP is great for free kicks on the left side but we could use someone for the right side as well.

his latest goal against Karlsruhe, from a free-kick.

He's scored some amazing goals this season, playing the football of his life and I'd welcome him with arms wide open. He wouldn't be that world class signing we're all waiting for, but he'd complete our attack with DP, Trez, Iaquinta and finally allow us to get rid of Palladino.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Just for the record, i never talk about Croatian players because all of you will be disgusted to see how biased i am.
    I'm even more biased than Vlatko is in the post above.
    :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Just for the record, i never talk about Croatian players because all of you will be disgusted to see how biased i am.
    I'm even more biased than Vlatko is in the post above.
    :D
    I'm usually not biased at all but this team we have now, really has some amazing talents. I just can't bash them like they're Sokota, Maric, Balaban, etc. Even Olic started playing football. :D

mondo1

May 14, 2006
    i have seen him often in the bundesliga.... and he really did impress me... so i don't know about is potential as a left wing... i have only see him playing as a striker.... but 20 mil is way to much for him... for that amount we can get vdv...
    i was wondering a week ago why we haven't been linked with him after he scored for dortmund

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)