Mirko Vučinić (71 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He is a legend not for his skills but for his role. If he had played for us in any other period and somehow started the same number of games then he'd be one of the worst strikers to wear our shirt. I admire him for being an integral part of the 2011 and 2012 squads. The season Juventus was restored as a top club and the season Juventus had stability again.

What we have now is not easy to achieve at all. Inter, Milan, Roma, and Liverpool are examples of teams that have been struggling to recover their old status after they collapsed. Inter is heavily spending with no output, Milan is in shambles, Roma had a good season last year but failed at having stability so far despite heavy spending, Liverpool has been consistently throwing money at their problems with terrible output.

Don't give me the they are not as big as Juve talk. Liverpool is a huge club with a great history. I am sure if a coach can come in and make them the best in their league using a squad that has Vucinic like strikers, the fans would consider the coach and the important players to be legends.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
It's not even driven by that. He was a special player, on his day he was dusting the field with magic. He had more meh days than good ones, but don't tell me that the Coppa game against Milan isn't burned into your memory.
Quagliarella has scored far more impressive goals than that.

Even Pepe

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's not even driven by that. He was a special player, on his day he was dusting the field with magic. He had more meh days than good ones, but don't tell me that the Coppa game against Milan isn't burned into your memory.
Dusting the field with magic :lol:

Someone's been dusting their system with angel dust

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
By the same token Quagliarella is one of the best players to ever grace the shirt (not saying that he isn't, just for the record). I mean, there aren't many players capable of creating such incredible goals out of nowhere as he has done so often.

Bottom line is, consistency > individual brilliant actions/matches.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
By the same token Quagliarella is one of the best players to ever grace the shirt (not saying that he isn't, just for the record). I mean, there aren't many players capable of creating such incredible goals out of nowhere as he has done so often.

Bottom line is, consistency > individual brilliant actions/matches.
I agree on the last point, but no way can quags be compared to Mirko as a type. Quags scores goals out of nowhere, while I consider Vucinic part of a nearly extinct race of offensive players. He likes setting up teammates more than scoring goals. He could pull twenty moves in a single game and none of them would be the same, he just came up with it and made the team function better on his day. I love that type of 'organic' player as opposed to the mechanical players that are being bred today

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I agree on the last point, but no way can quags be compared to Mirko as a type. Quags scores goals out of nowhere, while I consider Vucinic part of a nearly extinct race of offensive players. He likes setting up teammates more than scoring goals. He could pull twenty moves in a single game and none of them would be the same, he just came up with it and made the team function better on his day. I love that type of 'organic' player as opposed to the mechanical players that are being bred today
:agree:

Mirko was a magician, and was an absolute joy to watch him play, him linking up with Marchisio and Tevez was some of the best football I've seen from this side since Pavel's departure and Mauro's complete deterioration.

I do feel that Mirko is one of the best players we've acquired post-calciopoli and if he had a little bit of drive in him, he'd be a world class player no doubt, but at the same time I do feel that his comparison to Tevez is a little far-fetched. Tevez is the much better player because he always puts in work and is never useless, he can't be shut off, if he can't go for your goal, he'll steal the ball, pressure you, he'll always be active, you can't see that from Mirko and if you did he'd no longer be Mirko. :D

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Hell no.

If we award legend status to guys like Vucinic, we're gonna have to do it with every player who had a few good seasons here. As cringy as it sounds, we're Juve, not some second rate provincial club.
You are right.... But there is this thing.... The three years under Conte are exceptional in every way. They are historic, legendary, so every single player that played during these three seasons and who contributed to that success are legends in my book. Vucinic, Giaccherini, Matri, Quags, Pepe. They will always have a special place in the fans' hearts..... at least in my heart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)