Mirko Vučinić (4 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I would certainly not put him in that category.

Mirko was an important part of 2 scudetti winning clubs, so he would never deserve to have that type of label on him, in my opinion.

I just get a little irked when they pull out the "I want to compete for a starting spot" cliche when these types of things happen. Knowing full well that it probably won't happen.
It seems that there is no conflicts between him and Conte, he didnt even ask to get transferred. I could still see him being vital to our season once the schedule starts getting crowded with the EL and whatnot. We really saw how much we need a skilled attacker off the bench in the Roma game.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If he really wants to stay in Italy then his choices are few. Inter and Milan won't happen while the rest will force him into a big salary reduction.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Gio is the only striker terrible enough and with enough time left on his contract to be our new Iaquinta!

Forza Giaquinta!
Even though I agree that he is indeed the weakest link, I think it's just disrespectful that we deride these guys by terming them leeches for contracts we have offered them, and they are doing something that is legally their right and in their personal interests. 99.9 pct of the people here would be doing exactly the same thing for the same reasons these guys do what they do.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Gio is the only striker terrible enough and with enough time left on his contract to be our new Iaquinta!

Forza Giaquinta!
all three of Gio, Quag and Mirko have contracts expiring in June 2015, 1.5 years from now. Gio is the cheapest and youngest, imo the reasons we'll keep him regardless of skill.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
all three of Gio, Quag and Mirko have contracts expiring in June 2015, 1.5 years from now. Gio is the cheapest and youngest, imo the reasons we'll keep him regardless of skill.
He's also the one who is likely to have the highest transfer value of the three. So we will either pawn him off or sell when a reasonable offer comes along.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'd love to see us well all 3

Mirko and Quags will be missed, but now is the time to sell them. Or in the Summer, obviously

Gio can just go. He's useless to us. Unless he has a great EL campaign but he doesn't even seem to work in a 3-5-2 very well.
A clear out of our attack is long over-due.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
He's also the one who is likely to have the highest transfer value of the three. So we will either pawn him off or sell when a reasonable offer comes along.
I don't think the difference in transfer fees now will be high enough to compensate the cost saved towards a bench player over the term of the contract. A contract extension for Vucinic or Quag will almost surely end with termination whereas we might still be able to sell Giovinco 2-3 years from now, for the amount we might get of Quag and Vuci now. Also doesn't seem like Juve are planning something big now anyways to be selling the one that fetches the highest price.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I wouldnt mind Vucinic staying, esp if we are about to save us selves from a 15mil troublemaker, that would add nothing to our team.
It was terribad that we could get rid of Motta, Grosso, Amauri,Iaquinta, MArtinez etc, i d rather keep Vucinic over them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)