Mirko Vučinić (72 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
If jovetic and higuain join and with llorente I think vucinic can leave for the kind of fees being rumored. Plus if Matri quags also leave, maybe a player like milito can be useful as a squad player. Keep gio as a sub for jovetic potentially.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We bought Vucinic for 15m euro and he didn't do any harm at all to that price tag. He proved again that he's not a goal scoring machine and you can't expect +20 goals from him. He's also not consistent. But one really has to be blind not to see his huge importance in a 2 time scudetto winning team. He's two years older now, but his price tag should be the same, because he made a bigger name for himself by being an irreplaceable starter in the best Italian team.

I can see Inter going after him and paying a good price. If you remember, Mazzarri did everything to get him 2 years ago and later Vucinic (or his agent?) admitted that Conte was the reason why he didn't end up in Napoli. If Cassano does leave Inter, then I don't have doubts that they'll try to get Vucinic. It's not just Mazzarri who loves him, but his past matches against Inter, especially for Roma, make him attractive for merda. Then all will depend on our desire to sell to a rival and on Moratti's willingness to pay big. But 15m eur is a fair price, and a price teams will be willing to pay. We really underestimate him if we think that teams won't want to pay 15m eur for Mirko.
I think you used the wrong word there, maybe 'undisputed'.

Irreplaceable? :lol2: definitely not

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I think you used the wrong word there, maybe 'undisputed'.

Irreplaceable? :lol2: definitely not
When/if Mirko leaves we are going to play a whole different type of football. He is irreplaceable in regards to the very unique set of skills he has, not many players are as good as him when it comes to playing with their backs towards the opposition goal.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
When/if Mirko leaves we are going to play a whole different type of football. He is irreplaceable in regards to the very unique set of skills he has, not many players are as good as him when it comes to playing with their backs towards the opposition goal.
Then Quagliarella is irreplaceable because no one can score long goals like him.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
:yawn:

Plenty of attackers shoot like Quags. Plenty might even be an understatement.
Not really, his way of doing it is pretty unique, though only that kind of thing flies in smaller clubs, hence why he doesn't do it so much here besides the last 10 minutes or so occasionally.

If you really think our whole game will change if lose Mirko then :lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

And back on the ignorelist he goes.
:rofl::touched: :rofl::rofl: :touched:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Heheh that is what i was thinking..... If vuci will be used as 3rd choice,,, then Gio, Matri and Quags have like no hope of being played consistently.

ANy Juve forward that stays by force.. will have to be prepared to eat bench forever.

beowulf

Dec 9, 2012
i don't understand how people overlook that the main selling point to jovetic would be vucinic. if he really is wanting to forsake all others there probably is a reason.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Injuries happen, lads, and Mirko will almost surely need to be counted on at some point next season. He can also make an impact off the bench. He's a very good (albeit inconsistent) player, who most of the team seems to enjoy (including the coach), and he's going nowhere.

Some people need to find a way to come to terms with the fact that Mirko has been our best striker for back to back championships; he has earned the fans respect. The fact remains that he has been absolutely irreplaceable in season, when the market is closed, and there is no way in hell we would have won that 2012 title without him. The man has been vital to our cause.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Injuries happen, lads, and Mirko will almost surely need to be counted on at some point next season. He can also make an impact off the bench. He's a very good (albeit inconsistent) player, who most of the team seems to enjoy (including the coach), and he's going nowhere.

Some people need to find a way to come to terms with the fact that Mirko has been our best striker for back to back championships; he has earned the fans respect. The fact remains that he has been absolutely irreplaceable in season, when the market is closed, and there is no way in hell we would have won that 2012 title without him. The man has been vital to our cause.
Exactly the point I've been trying to make. It makes no sense to sell him and risk having to rely on much inferior players if the new first choice gets injured.

edit: And no, Giovinco isn't an adequate 2nd choice for the attack - he simply did not show that he is this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)