Mirko Vučinić (55 Viewers)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
You are telling me to come up with an intelligent argument when all you do WHENEVER something goes wrong is to blame Marotta for it? Seriously bro?
I love it when you make things up in your mind and actually believe that they happened. Please do show me the part when i blame just marotta "WHENEVER things go wrong".

Still glad we signed him over Rossi.
Me too and i'll do it again.

May 22, 2007
WΏΏdy;3520430 said:
It's your logic and regarding Vucinic its true. He is just above average and in no way WC so its marotta's fault for not getting one.
If we play a formation that suits Vucinic he does well (sometimes) and he gets credit for it and so does conte (deservingly) for playing him that way.
The expectations at the beginning of the season were to build a team good enough to achieve a top 3 position in the league, I don't think anyone could have realistically hoped to seriously challenge for the title. I think we're going to have to accept that 'WC' player that Marotta went for was out of our reach so we got Vucinic.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
The expectations at the beginning of the season were to build a team good enough to achieve a top 3 position in the league, I don't think anyone could have realistically hoped to seriously challenge for the title. I think we're going to have to accept that 'WC' player that Marotta went for was out of our reach so we got Vucinic.
I agree, Marotta went for the players that would help us qualify for the CL and Conte was the man who got us into a position where we could challenge for the title,that is why i love the man.
Having said that Marotta should have got us a quality buy in the winter mercato when we were the leaders and looking good to challenge for the title. You also cannot overlook the two fail transfer windows we had during the dumb nerdy nightmare.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Still glad we signed him over Rossi.
WΏΏdy;3520447 said:
Me too and i'll do it again.
True enough.

Everyone knew Vucinic's weaknesses before we signed him. I'll readily admit he played poorly by anyone's standards in the last match, but the inappropriate formation was a bit of a hindrance as well. He may not be the ideal fulcrum for attack, but put him in a properly coordinated and technically proficient forward line that he can play off of, and I'm sure he'll excel. A Matri that treats the ball at his feet like a foreign object if he's not kicking it and a mentally-challenged Pepe that breaks play more often than anyone in Serie A aren't the exactly the best partners. Even on-form I wouldn't want those two as starters for Juventus. Off-form? God help us (and Vucinic).

May 22, 2007
WΏΏdy;3520490 said:
I agree, Marotta went for the players that would help us qualify for the CL and Conte was the man who got us into a position where we could challenge for the title,that is why i love the man.
Having said that Marotta should have got us a quality buy in the winter mercato when we were the leaders and looking good to challenge for the title. You also cannot overlook the two fail transfer windows we had during the dumb nerdy nightmare.
There's always issues in January. Players are more expensive, clubs aren't willing to sell halfway through the season, Marotta might not have money.

Tevez would have been completely unrealistic.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
There's always issues in January. Players are more expensive, clubs aren't willing to sell halfway through the season, Marotta might not have money.

Tevez would have been completely unrealistic.

There are issues for ever team not just us. Majority of marotta's decisions throughout his stint here have been poor.

I don't blame marotta for not getting Tevez. Though I wish we had him everytime i see our sterile forwards cock up an opportunity.

May 22, 2007
WΏΏdy;3520549 said:
There are issues for ever team not just us. Majority of marotta's decisions throughout his stint here have been poor.

I don't blame marotta for not getting Tevez. Though I wish we had him everytime i see our sterile forwards cock up an opportunity.
So they are valid. I can't even recall any quality names moving clubs this January. I like that we got a fullback and a solid midfielder that isn't Pazienza.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Xherdan Shaqiri is overrated.
he actually is.

just compare his stats with pepes stats. if he was so much better in execution, finishing and decision making you better have more goals and assists in that cack league he used to play in than pepe who actually gets same stats in frickin serie a.

i somehow understood the hype around huntelaar when he had those mad scoring rate in the netherlands, but 4 goals and 2 assists (in 19 games) in the low quality swiss league... how can anyone be serious in thinking he would be better than a player (like pepe) that achieves 5 goals and 1 assists in a more competitive serie a ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)