Mirko Vučinić (139 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Vucinic's touch was really pretty off for the entire first half then in the second half he was fairly quiet until he had a good spell almost scoring and making that assist. Quag came on and looked much livelier and able to score than Vucinic. Also Vucinic has missed a few pretty easy chances this season. His goal scoring has never been very good and his assist record isn't that impressive either. He definitely hasn't had as good a start as Quagliarella did with us last season. I'm not saying I don't like Vucinic I'm just saying that he is highly overrated on here and that Quag is a more effective striker.
Just saw this, exactly my thoughts. I like Vucinic, he is very talented and has a great technique but he is also too wasteful and static at times. The way he misses easy chances makes me worried. It already cost us two points against Genoa as far as I remember. And I agree, Quag's starting spell with us was way more convincing. I'd play a fit Quag instead of Vucinic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Last season, we played a different style of football. This season we play possession football which requires more technique. I don't judge Quaglialera because he scored more goals last year but by what I haven seen of what he has and can offer. Last year in a counter attack kind of football Krasic also had greater impact than Vucinic of now. But if you have watched Krasic carefully, you'd known his limites and etc...In this sense, I don't see Quaglialera capable of replace Vucinic in this new style of football we are playing. I see him as an alternative to Matri. For now, I'm satisfied with what Vucinic has done even if he can do better.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Really impressed by his improvement in the second half, though I wish he'd scored with that drive from the left.

Looked tired towards the end though, and really should have been taken off around 75'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 139)