Mirko Vučinić (118 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
What do you mean? Del Piero, Buffon, Trez etc had feelings for the club cuz they spent years and years with us. Aguero has no feelings towards Juventus. Also, the guys that followed us down had big contracts so they didn't lose any money anyway.

Be real, we weren't winning, we're not the in the Champions League and we're not the version of Juventus that is a top performing club out in Europe. We're not attractive to foreigners right now, still attractive to Italians though.

Its stupid to even suggest that Aguero should turn down around 4 million euro's a year to join us.

Lets put it this way, if Liverpool offered you 6-7 million euro a year to play with them while City offered you around 11 million to play for them, which destination would you choose? The big team that isn't performing or the new team that can offer you almost double the money and one of the best squads out there?

Aguero has no obligation towards Juventus, nothing, zero.
We're never going to convince each other because there's an apparent generational gap between us. You belong to the new school where it's all about "me, me, and me" and I don't.

You're wrong about the players being at Juve for years and years. Buffon, Trez, and Nedved joined in '01 that's only 5 years...a little over the amount of time a player signs a contract for anyway.

Also it's not about him turning down Juve that bothers me...if it was between City and let's say...Liverpool, I'd still fault him for joining City.

To answer your question, I would turn down City. I won't put on that mickey mouse jersey ever. That club has no soul and come the FFP rules I hope they crash and burn (barring they don't find loopholes).

On paper they do have a good squad but so did the New York Cosmos and Real Madrid during the Galactico era but where are they now? These teams don't stand the test of time and they're doomed to fail.

End of story.

That's how things start Tahir. You're educated about football enough to know that in 1987 or so, Berlusconi was paying x5 what everybody else offered for Van Basten, Gullit and some others. Despite the two CLs they won in the 60's, Milan were almost a nobody in the 80's and Berlu made the team with his money. Those guys like Van Basten and Gullit were rightfully seen as mercenaries in those days, but soon they grew into legends and started the cycle that brought Milan 5 CLs in18 years thus making Milan one of the biggest clubs in the world.
The money was there to attract these players sure but there was also a history and a tradition. Didn't this Joorabchian and his MSI try to pump money into Corinthians in hopes to make them the 'City' of Brazil? How did that go? Also, why do you think these rich Sheikhs and these Russian moguls don't buy up their local clubs and fill them with these talents? Because no one wants to fucking support FC Dubai or SS Minsk.

Look, City is that douchebag at your school who's daddy bough him a new Mercedes SLR, while you're still riding your bike. He goes to college where his daddy went and whom he still writes checks for. Right out of college his daddy gets him a top level job at his own company. Life is good, there's money, tcars, and bitches. Then one day your daddy's company goes under b/c he can't manage for shit and falls into depression and commits suicide. Suddenly the money, the cars, and the bitches are gone and he finds his ass on the streets.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
We're never going to convince each other because there's an apparent generational gap between us. You belong to the new school where it's all about "me, me, and me" and I don't.

You're wrong about the players being at Juve for years and years. Buffon, Trez, and Nedved joined in '01 that's only 5 years...a little over the amount of time a player signs a contract for anyway.

Also it's not about him turning down Juve that bothers me...if it was between City and let's say...Liverpool, I'd still fault him for joining City.

To answer your question, I would turn down City. I won't put on that mickey mouse jersey ever. That club has no soul and come the FFP rules I hope they crash and burn (barring they don't find loopholes).

On paper they do have a good squad but so did the New York Cosmos and Real Madrid during the Galactico era but where are they now? These teams don't stand the test of time and they're doomed to fail.

End of story.
You're being delusional. No one in their right mind turns down that much money and the chance of winning just because a club doesn't have a "soul". Especially foreigners who have no obligation towards all the different teams. You're not being realistic at all. Those guys have about 10 years to make as much money as they can in order to secure their and their families future. Now turning down double the money because a team doesn't have a soul is very irresponsible.

Also, who in their right mind turns down City for Liverpool?

Double the money at City - Check
Champions League - Check
Much better squad - Check
Bigger chance of winning - Check

Can't really blame Aguero for choosing City now can you...

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I would. I'm right in my mind. Pooof, theory busted.

Second...make as much money as possible before they retire...hmm do you know how much money he's already made? It's enough if he lived 3 or 4 more lifetimes. Please don't shed a tear for todays footballers, it's not a good look.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I would. I'm right in my mind. Pooof, theory busted.

Second...make as much money as possible before they retire...hmm do you know how much money he's already made? It's enough if he lived 3 or 4 more lifetimes. Please don't shed a tear for todays footballers, it's not a good look.
Well, you're not being realistic. There is no reason for Aguero to join Liverpool, not from a financial standpoint or from a footballing standpoint.

Apr 29, 2006
Aguero has only a few reasons to choose a spanish/italian club over City and none to choose Liverpool over them in my eyes. And thanks to the honest team one of the most obvious reasons not to come in italy is that the league is in ruins. In my eyes only the epic No.10 jersey in Juventus could have turned the tide in our favour, but not without CL and certainly not when this team might qualify from 1st to 10th. In this winter we would be times more attractive because a player knows he has a team around himself and a coach that knows what he is doing and would be here at least the next season as well.
But I kind of agree with Suns on the money issue. Its just unprofessional to turn down such a proposition. FFP might set things straight, but Aguero was right when he said that if he was going to make a compromise it would be for his first team in Argentina. He won't be our new SS, but he is a hell of a player. Lets hope Messi gets bored from life in Barcelona, although its more likely that we win in court and Inter has to pay us damages in the amount of 500 mils... ;)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You're being delusional. No one in their right mind turns down that much money and the chance of winning just because a club doesn't have a "soul". Especially foreigners who have no obligation towards all the different teams. You're not being realistic at all. Those guys have about 10 years to make as much money as they can in order to secure their and their families future. Now turning down double the money because a team doesn't have a soul is very irresponsible.

Also, who in their right mind turns down City for Liverpool?

Double the money at City - Check
Champions League - Check
Much better squad - Check
Bigger chance of winning - Check

Can't really blame Aguero for choosing City now can you...
i would definatly turn down pool for man city, because pool means nothing anymore and has an vastly overrated history.

however, i would turn city down for chelsea and man utd.
they have history, chelsea beeing more recent, but have been around for allmost a decade now.
both have a great fanbase, good domestical and european record in the last 20 years compared to pool
also, what is 4 mil if you are a player like aguero
its just a fraction of what they make in sponsering contracts.
money is not everything

turning down juve for city is something nobody here can logically answer to, as we are biassed towards juventus.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Second...make as much money as possible before they retire...hmm do you know how much money he's already made? It's enough if he lived 3 or 4 more lifetimes.
perhaps it would be enough for 4 lifetimes if he lived like you or me, but certainly not if you are having a very different life standard including very high costs for luxury like luxus cars, private jets, hookers and so on ..

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Maybe Aguero went to Manshitty, other than for the money, thinking I want to single single-handedly turn this club into a Legendary club, put them onto the world footballing map. That's a challenge any player would be interested in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)