Mirko Vučinić (78 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
In those instances you would expect him to drop back and retrieve the ball like Del Piero did last week. One of our two strikers should be making that link between our midfield and our forwards. To be fair, he only ever received it when he was surrounded by defenders. We had no urgency in the first half and could have played the counter a few times. Then he would have shown a bit of a flair. I'm surprised he's not working the flanks a little more though. He would definitely find space there and he's very capable of playing well there.
+REP. :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #902
    I meant that with the 11 players we had we didn't look like creating a chance. His only good play today was what gave us the win. I'm saying that without that play, and with the same 11 players, we were gonna draw this match. They were all terrible.
    That I agree with.

I think he would done a lot better with Vidal from the start.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    Good wingers or not, he's an SS which basically means that his main task is to create. He didn't do too much of that. Just compare that to Del Piero who was awesome in holding the ball, testing his opponents and creating for his teammates.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Good wingers or not, he's an SS which basically means that his main task is to create. He didn't do too much of that. Just compare that to Del Piero who was awesome in holding the ball, testing his opponents and creating for his teammates.
    He created the goal, no?

Sure, Pepe and Giacherrini were involved, but it was Mirko's first touch and pass that truly set Matri up for the goal.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I think Matri was given the SS role today. He played too deep and way too wide for the bigger part of the match. He was either doing that because he was instructed to do it or after he saw that Mirko isn't doing it. But I don't think it's the latter.

Jun 13, 2007
    I think he's a very good player who can add a lot to this attack. He just needs decent wingers to feed him the ball more often. Also, I think Vucinic will have better games against tougher opponents when he gets more space to move and do what he wants. Today's game is one where Vucinic cannot strive in. It was a very closed game, with a team packing 11 players around the penalty box. Vucinic relies on pace and trickery, he had very little to work with today, and I wasn't surprised with his performance at all.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Ah, it didn't take long for the inevitable Vucinic moaning to start. :touched:

Still, his bit of composure in the box was the difference between the teams.

Can't wait for these sort of arguments after an awful lot of the games he plays.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    What is it that makes Vucinic look unfit? His laziness? He must have been unfit for a large portion of his career.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    What is it that makes Vucinic look unfit? His laziness? He must have been unfit for a large portion of his career.
    He just has a very casual playing style.

Like Berbatov, even if he is fit and working hard, he still ends up looking lethargic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)