Mirko Vučinić - Forward - AS Roma (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
Red already said that it was taken out of context (Fergie actually said that they won't buy or sell until the Charity Shield).
And it's indeed hard to believe that United won't make any moves on the market. They are at least gonna buy or try to buy a Scholes replacement.
ah..well my 2nd point stands. "why"

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
ah..well my 2nd point stands. "why"
Well, I can't speak in Fergie's name and tell you why :)

Personally I think that Vucinic impressed Manchester back in the days when they played Roma. That's why they are linked to him every single summer since 2008. Then he played an absolutely brilliant match against Chelsea in CL and, as you know, CL is one big advertising for players. England are in the same group with Montenegro in the EC qualifiers and surprisingly the Montenegrins, led by Vucinic who in Jovetic's absence is a one man team, are doing great and they are sharing the 1st place with England (they play England in Montenegro after getting a point in England).
So, more or less, whenever United and English fans had the chance to watch him, Vucinic shined. He's highly rated there (Opposite to Zlatan who choked in most matches against English teams).

Now, as for where would he play, I believe that they plan him to be Berba's replacement. There were loud voices that Berba will leave United, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does. He is 30, almost three years older than Vucinic, he's high earner and he lost his place to Hernandez.

Of course, all the above is nothing more but loud thinking from my side.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Vucinic' versatility could also be a good reason to why Ferguson likes him. Ferguson have always had offensive players who can play different positions in the system.

I want Vucinic here in a 4-3-3 so piss off, Fergie!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Vucinic is probably going to Man Utd so who is next in line
We started with the mighty Aguero we then moved to the great Rossi then we moved to good old Vucinic and now...? I hope it doesnt go in this pattern as the next one should be an average Gilardino

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I honestly don't think Gila is being considered at all, in fact I think his name ought to be banned from the forum, dunno bout the rest of you but it makes me feel quite ill just reading his name.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
so i wonder how long it will take the folk who have questioned the value of bringing in Vucinic to start the "fuck Marotta" bile if he signs for Man U instead

because,you know,they only sign average players

mfdoom

Dec 18, 2010
so i wonder how long it will take the folk who have questioned the value of bringing in Vucinic to start the "fuck Marotta" bile if he signs for Man U instead

because,you know,they only sign average players
That's exactly what i was thinking.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Money down the drain. Will have no re-sale value and as a ss/winger type player... he will only get slower at this age. Only good for a team like Man U that is already well stocked and needs depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)