Mirko Vučinić - Forward - AS Roma (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Vucinic doesn't add anything that Quaq cant do.
That's something that could be discussed and argued, but lets leave it aside for now.
If we are buying Vucinic for 17m eur, or whatever, and plan to play him on the wing in 4-4-2/4-2-4, then it would imo be a disastrous move. If we buy him for the attack in 4-4-2 (be it as a SS like Quag or in Matri's position) then I'm not sure what to think of that move. I'm undecided. He's gonna improve our attacking quartet by replacing Iaquinta or Toni but I don't know if he'll add more than Quag. He could add more, but it will not be a big difference so spending big there doesn't make too much sense. Vucinic is clearly better and more talented than Quag and Matri, but he still won't make a big difference.
But in a 4-3-3 Vucinic would make an excellent signing and would do much better than any player we have at the moment. He will do that job much better than Quag, not only because he's used to playing there but because he has the characteristics to play there, which Quag lacks.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Until the Italian Juve fans would kill to keep our Italian mediocrity and they prefer Rossi to world class players, Marotta will do everything to satisfy the home fans. They even make it easier for him when they prefer cheaper Italians to more expensive world class players.
True, we all suffer, what all those nationalist fools deserve...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
True, we all suffer, what all those nationalist fools deserve...
I wouldn't be that harsh. They are no different than what you and I would have been in their place. Even non-Italians take pride in the fact that Juve are traditionally the feeder of the Italian NT. Juve=Azzurri. Something we heard many times. Italian Juve fans are spoon fed with this and they are proud of it. Their preferences are nothing more than fruits of their education (that Juve are the pride of Italy). You and I would have been the same.
But fans are fans. They think they know what's best for the club and the truth is that if fans create the team it would in most cases be weaker than it is when a smaller and capable group of people is doing it.

That's why a stronger figure is needed to play with the fans, listen to them, smile, throw them a bone from time to time but still do things his own way.

Marotta isn't really a nationalistic fool who'd prefer weaker Italians to stronger foreigners. It will be foolish to think he is. We make him look that way, but the truth is that Marotta is forced to work in such fashion. Juve's position is such that it's much easier to attract Italians than non-Italians. When you add the pressure from the Juve fans, for whom Juve is Italy, Marotta can't even work in another way.

Marotta obviously isn't that strong figure who can smile to the fans, throw them bones occasionally and work his way. He has limits and is crippled by his past where he wasn't in position to collaborate with the big faces in football, as well as crippled by the timing in which he joined Juve. We needed a different animal to succeed Secco. Someone who had the connections with agents, directors and owners which he could use in the tough period Juve found itself in. Someone who'd take the risk to make the fans angry for a short while but shut them up in May when it will be clear to everyone that his way was the right way. Then the fans will listen to him no matter what he does or says. They will worship him. He will throw them a player they want once in blue moon, but keep working his own way.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
JCK

I get your point. But is signing Vucunic, who isn't a great player, and not much better than Quag, and then needing to sign another CM, with little money and with Marotta as GM worth it? Marchiso is an ordinary player in my opinion, and would get rid if i knew we would sign quality replacement like M'villa/Banega/Pjanic, etc but Vucunic is by no means the answer for our SS issue.
What's the point in having an ordinary player play out of position where you can get a better player that will play in position?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Vucinic doesn't add anything that Quaq cant do. He's almost 28, known for his inconsistency , will be shit in 2 years, and we'll have another player over 30 with big wage who we cant dump. Not that I rate Marchisio very highly, but I think at the moment, his market value should be higher than Vucinic's. Sabatini can fuck off, and dump him to Tottenham.
But Vucinic adds a lot to what Marchisio does and the swap is happening right there.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Good player but not better than Quagliarella.
I have never seen Quagliarella dominate great teams like Manchester United and Chelsea.

Vucinic might be very inconsistent, but he is a better player than Quagliarella. No doubt.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In Serie A, Quag>Vucinic.
Their numbers in serie A are practically the same, Vucinic being better in decimals. (0,41 goal+assist per match for Vucinic, 0,39 for Quag). Age wise they are the same too, Quag being only 8 months older.
Vucinic is much more talented, while Quag's work rate is much better. Both are really inconsistent. Vucinic's superior talent is best seen against the best teams where he also shows more and works harder (motivation, I guess). Quag is extremely useful against everyone when on form, but his form is rarely kept for more than 2-3 months, after which as long period of off form follows.

Overall, I'd rate them more or less the same. Quality-wise comparisons aside, Quag's advantage is that he already spent a year in Juve while Vucinic's advantage is that he doesn't have that bad injury that Quag got in January.

Depending how we plan to use Vucinic, for some cases it would be a good transfer to replace Quag with him and for some cases it will be a really meaningless swap deal from our persepctive, in which we hopefully won't lose a good amount of millions.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Their numbers in serie A are practically the same, Vucinic being better in decimals. (0,41 goal+assist per match for Vucinic, 0,39 for Quag). Age wise they are the same too, Quag being only 8 months older.
Vucinic is much more talented, while Quag's work rate is much better. Both are really inconsistent. Vucinic's superior talent is best seen against the best teams where he also shows more and works harder (motivation, I guess). Quag is extremely useful against everyone when on form, but his form is rarely kept for more than 2-3 months, after which as long period of off form follows.

Overall, I'd rate them more or less the same. Quality-wise comparisons aside, Quag's advantage is that he already spent a year in Juve while Vucinic's advantage is that he doesn't have that bad injury that Quag got in January.

Depending how we plan to use Vucinic, for some cases it would be a good transfer to replace Quag with him and for some cases it will be a really meaningless swap deal from our persepctive, in which we hopefully won't lose a good amount of millions.
The more i read this post, the more i think we should only have matri, quag and alex next season, while getting vucinic for marchisio and a top SS

we would have plenty of versatility

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
What has happened to Juve, discussing Vucinic vs Quagliarella lol. To be honest I like Quagliarella. But none of them are good enought for the starting eleven in Juventus IMO. Not the Juventus i started to support. But maby time to accept the fact that Serie B hurt us really bad.

This is the kind of players Moggi would got for our bench, now we buy them to be start players. Aaahhh what can I say

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It was reported many times back in June already that Vucinic doesn't exclude the champion (in that case back than it was Aguero). It was reported even more times that Vucinic is demanded by Conte.
So if we don't buy a champion it won't be because of Vucinic and if we buy Vucinic it will be because Conte wants him.

Just write "Vucinic Aguero Marotta" or "Vucinic Rossi Marotta" in google and you will see that in every single article they are mentioned together and Vucinic doesn't exclude them (just like Vidal doesn't exclude them).
The only bad thing about Vucinic would be if Conte plans to play him as a winger. In any other case he'd be a good signing. Reading your thoughts about how good Vucinic is, one seriously has to wonder if you people followed the league Juve plays in or you only remember his very bad 2nd half of last season (which wasn't really any worse than how Krasic, Chiellini or the other Juve players played).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)