Miralem Pjanic - CM/AM - AS Roma (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Tough one between Pjanic or Morata. I am leaning towards Pjanic because that kind of player is the missing link between midfield and attack. Any striker would do well IMO.

Apr 19, 2007
Morata. Proven in the CL which is what really matters and I can see us being competitve without an attacking mid more than a great striker. Hes good on the break and thats what we need against the top 4 teams/

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Pjanic is not worth 38million imo, way too inconsistent. His stats are inflated by freekicks. Never struck me as a player who could dominate a game.
I have the same impression, but I admit he is the type of player that this squad are lacking. I hope that if he comes he can step up in the big games and be decisive.

Also he has an extremely punchable face and hes name sounds like a girls name.

May 22, 2007
Pjanic is not worth 38million imo, way too inconsistent. His stats are inflated by freekicks. Never struck me as a player who could dominate a game.
Pirlo scored quite a lot of crucial free kicks in the 4 seasons at Juve. Important quality for me, especially against teams parking deep.

I think you're right about his inconsistency though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why do people keep saying his is inconsistent? Everyone on that team is inconsistent because that's the kind of club he plays for. Put any of our players on that team you and will see lapses in concentration as well. It's the club that is mentally weak and their coaching. Put Pjanic in our team and you won't ever look back.

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo scored quite a lot of crucial free kicks in the 4 seasons at Juve. Important quality for me, especially against teams parking deep.

I think you're right about his inconsistency though.
Exactly. The last two seasons of Pirlo saw him slowly regress and dare I say it, show inconsistencies. But that occasional moment of brilliance changes the game even if for 89 mins he was frustrating.

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #668
    Why do people keep saying his is inconsistent? Everyone on that team is inconsistent because that's the kind of club he plays for. Put any of our players on that team you and will see lapses in concentration as well. It's the club that is mentally weak and their coaching. Put Pjanic in our team and you won't ever look back.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. The last two seasons of Pirlo saw him slowly regress and dare I say it, show inconsistencies. But that occasional moment of brilliance changes the game even if for 89 mins he was frustrating.
    And Pjanic scored or assisted in 20 different Serie A games this season, if he brings that kind of inconsistency to Juve im all in for bringing more inconsistent players

Jan 22, 2016
    Sometimes i get this impression some people here have never watched pjanic for once in their life.:sergio:

This guy is amazingly talented.he wont lose the ball under the pressure , can distribute the ball in any second any where in the pitch and has an eye for through balls ala pirlo.we wont even break a sweat with him pogba and dybala on the pitch against teams in the league and in CL we can hold on to the ball much much better with this guy on our side.

Buying him is no brainer

JmKe91

May 10, 2015
    There is a strange obsession with Morata on this forum. Its a no brainer if you ask me whom I would choose between Pjanic or Morata. Im perfectly content with the strikers we would have not including Morata. I dont think he will have the impact game in game out that Pjanic would have.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #671
    Sometimes i get this impression some people here have never watched pjanic for once in their life.:sergio:

This guy is amazingly talented.he wont lose the ball under the pressure , can distribute the ball in any second any where in the pitch and has an eye for through balls ala pirlo.we wont even break a sweat with him pogba and dybala on the pitch against teams in the league and in CL we can hold on to the ball much much better with this guy on our side.

Buying him is no brainer
    :tup:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
    i feel like we won't spend 38m cash in one installements.
    They'll wait for another international team to come up buy the player.
    So the fans won't boo them and they won't give the player to an enemy

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #673
    There is a strange obsession with Morata on this forum. Its a no brainer if you ask me whom I would choose between Pjanic or Morata. Im perfectly content with the strikers we would have not including Morata. I dont think he will have the impact game in game out that Pjanic would have.
    Hard to believe considering his awful performances vs Dortmund, Real, Barca, City and Bayern

JmKe91

May 10, 2015
    Hard to believe considering his awful performances vs Dortmund, Real, Barca, City and Bayern
    I like Morata...I think he is a fine striker. I just find him to be rather replaceable. I think people get caught up in his big moments from last year like his CL game vs Real Madrid. Morata is more of a product of playing on a dominant side than of his own talent. And I dont want to take anything away from him, he is a very good young forward and very experienced for his age. I just cant believe we would pass up on what I consider to be a need for the team, a playmaker on the ball, for a striker that is NOT a difference maker.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #676
    I like Morata...I think he is a fine striker. I just find him to be rather replaceable. I think people get caught up in his big moments from last year like his CL game vs Real Madrid. Morata is more of a product of playing on a dominant side than of his own talent. And I dont want to take anything away from him, he is a very good young forward and very experienced for his age. I just cant believe we would pass up on what I consider to be a need for the team, a playmaker on the ball, for a striker that is NOT a difference maker.
    Pjanic is someone we definitely need but you can't say Morata isnt a difference maker. Because he is one, hes a big game player and losing him would be bad. That's why our priority should be keeping him and only then going for Pjanic

May 22, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

Inconsistency isn't a huge issue as there are plenty of game changers in the squad already, and Pjanic would add something different. Juve is the perfect environment anyway, players like that should be snatching at that type of opportunity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)