Miralem Pjanić (34 Viewers)

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Currently, Bentancur renders him surplus as he plays that regista role much better as he's more mobile, moves the ball faster and is better on the defensive transition. Also, now at almost 30, Pjanic isn't going to get any better. The club should seriously consider selling him in the summer as he'll fetch the most from the current crop of MF players we have anyway.

Nov 3, 2019
Matuidi Ramsey Bentacur destroyed him with their performances. They showed him how to pass the ball quick FORWARD and not always side and backpasses. Hopefully he learned from that and turn into the worldclass Pjanic from the begin of the season.

Jun 6, 2015
I think it's premature to count him out just yet. I get that he is the current anti-christ of this forum, but we've seen that things can change quite quickly on that front. I'm happy that he is facing a clear challenge for his spot in the team though as we've been overly reliant on him for the past few years. Now it's up to him to raise his level again.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I think it's premature to count him out just yet. I get that he is the current anti-christ of this forum, but we've seen that things can change quite quickly on that front. I'm happy that he is facing a clear challenge for his spot in the team though as we've been overly reliant on him for the past few years. Now it's up to him to raise his level again.
Again? in all honesty he's never been a consistently good performer, only flashes or good matches here and there, like the CL tie Juve beat Barca in a few years back.

Other than that, he's usually quiet and disengaged.

Jun 6, 2015
Doesn't say much when his MF partners are Matuidi and Khedira.
Now when Juve have more competent MF in Bentancur and Ramsey and look how he has fallen

Juve need to move on from this backpass master
Bruv you're just a hater though.

As I mentioned I know how the forum dynamics work, people will pile on in these situations. We've even seen it with the likes of Dybala when he was underperforming. The few vocal haters will come and act like the recent form is how it has always been. Recency bias and 5 min memory at its finest.

May 23, 2013
Four most common objectives for a Regista:

1. Serve as an outlet for when your team is under immense pressure.
2. Play quick passes to raise or keep the tempo going at a fast pace.
3. Play vertical forward long balls to wide players or at times an attacker making a run into the box.
4. Disrupt the play of the opposition through tackles or interceptions.

Marchisio and Pirlo excelled at all 4 of these facets of the position, which is why they were such brilliant Registas. Pjanic isn't bad at these; however, he's somewhat average. Which is why I'd push him further up the pitch.

It's a bit ironic tho, he did very well at all of these when playing in a two man mid with Khedira and Marchisio. But at the base of a three man mid, it's just never worked out sadly.
^Broke down a while a go why he isn't a proper regista.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Bruv you're just a hater though.

As I mentioned I know how the forum dynamics work, people will pile on in these situations. We've even seen it with the likes of Dybala when he was underperforming. The few vocal haters will come and act like the recent form is how it has always been. Recency bias and 5 min memory at its finest.
I'm not really a hater, just not really fond of him because he's not consistent player and he's massively overrated anyway. Dybala at least was consistent performer before but this guy like the other poster said he had good games once in a while but perform like shit for majority of the season. I'm happy if he can still show his worth to this club in the future but right now Juve are better without him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)