Miralem Pjanić (50 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Channeled his inner Almiron last night. Can't believe we sacrificed Pogba and Vidal to bring in this lethargic, uninspired mental midget, Kebab Sr. and Blaised and Confused.

We used to have an amazing midfield, a stellar midfield, the envy of Europe, and look where we are now.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Pjanic should be scrapped along with the rest of the midfield and we need to realise times change and this type of player is a waste of space

He's about as physical as Pirlo with 1/10th the ability. The game has passed him by. Yet until recently he was head and shoulders our best midfielder which is a sad statement

If you want to play a slow, lazy soft midfielder these days they better have godly playmaking skills

I shit you not there are non league players out there who could sit in our midfield and pass it sideways and backwards just as well as Pjanic currently.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Seriously, what has hapenned to Pjanic to decline so? I mean, to be one of the best passers in our team, a playmayker and not make a SINGLE dangerous pass forward is somethinf i can not understand. Especially since he has CR7 in front od him. I lost count yesterday how many times our players failed to see the forward runs of Cuadrado and CR7. To not make a single long, dangerous pass? Even if it is something he is being instructed by Sarri to do, its not an excuse cause he can make decisions for himself in the heat of the game and disregard Sarri's advice. Its frustrating. And the worst part is that i dont see him getting better, cause its not that he tries and fails, he doesnt even try, he doesnt even keep the ball for like 2 seconds to give hinself the time to look up and see someone, he just immediately passes to neares player next to him, or pass it back to the defence.

- - - Updated - - -

P. S. I didnt even mention the fact that Sarri shouldnt have benched Ramsey after the good game he had this weekend. Pjanic should have been the one benched.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Sarri repeating for 6 months how important it is that he has 150 touches of the ball in a game, hahaha.

Even if he had 1500 his lazy ass aint getting us anywhere.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Still not a valid excuse, he was marked so what? Every key player gets marked and they still deliver. Pirlo used to be marked by the likes of Xavi and Modric. Pjanic has lost most of his qualities efficiency. Maybe it would for the best that Juve and Pjanic part ways, a change is always a blessing in disguise.
Well, it's easier if Xavi or Modric are marking you. I'm talking about an attacker or attacking midfielder whose only job when Juve are in possession is to be glued to the playmaker wherever he moves.
We did the same to Brozovic when we played Inter this season.
It's not that big of a problem that Pjanic couldn't beat his marker, as it was that the entire team couldn't do anything about it.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Well, it's easier if Xavi or Modric are marking you. I'm talking about an attacker or attacking midfielder whose only job when Juve are in possession is to be glued to the playmaker wherever he moves.
We did the same to Brozovic when we played Inter this season.
It's not that big of a problem that Pjanic couldn't beat his marker, as it was that the entire team couldn't do anything about it.
Would you play benta in his position and move him further up the pitch or do you think it's too late for that now?

Jan 22, 2016
There is not a single reason to play him anymore. He doesn't add anything to our game. But instead makes us slow and shit at defending.

The moment he went out we started controlling the midfield and give away any chance to Lion.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
There is no point in starting him atm, he doesnt give u anything in defense and is nit creative at all. Dunno if he is out of, form or he has other proeblem but just bench him. Btw there was a rumour that he didnt want to play in Coppa vs Milan but Sarri forced him, add to this what Sarri on post match conference about some players beign to slow with the ball - wouldnt be suprised if there is a conflict between those two.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
There is not a single reason to play him anymore. He doesn't add anything to our game. But instead makes us slow and shit at defending.

The moment he went out we started controlling the midfield and give away any chance to Lion.
He is a very predictable player, you'd know where he's going to pass and for that role if you're not creative you might as-well just sit on the bench.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Channeled his inner Almiron last night. Can't believe we sacrificed Pogba and Vidal to bring in this lethargic, uninspired mental midget, Kebab Sr. and Blaised and Confused.

We used to have an amazing midfield, a stellar midfield, the envy of Europe, and look where we are now.
We sacrified Pogba to bring Higuain.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Would you play benta in his position and move him further up the pitch or do you think it's too late for that now?
There has to be a reason behind Pjanic's sub-par performances. It could be an injury, an awful form or the way he is used by Sarri. If it's an injury we need to rest him. If it's awful form which lasts for months now, then we can't just wait for him to miraculously regain form. If it's the way he's being used by Sarri, then the coach will have to give him different instructions.
It's not up to us to solve the problem. But when I'm trying to find the answer why isn't Sarri solving the problem, I can only come up with two worrying conclusions:
a) He's stubborn and he will continue with his original idea which clearly isn't working.
b) The plan B or C were tried in training and are giving even worse results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)