Miralem Pjanić (116 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
He unlocks the defence what is great, too bad it's our defence.
It's nice that he;s world class in passing to Bonucci and De Ligt but i believe they can handle it by themselves.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I kinda agree with that poster. Tonight Pjanic was marked by a Lyon player whose only job was to stay at most half a meter away from Pjanic. That's an irritating situation and we faced it when we had Pirlo (actually, Pirlo is talking about a similar episode in his biography). But back then we expected Pirlo to be marked like that on certain matches and we had plan B prepared. Tonight we had nothing and it was shocking. Sarri needed 60 minutes to realize the problem and replace Pjanic. Either Sarri is an idiot or Rabiot and Bentacur failed miserably with the plan B. Or both.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
I kinda agree with that poster. Tonight Pjanic was marked by a Lyon player whose only job was to stay at most half a meter away from Pjanic. That's an irritating situation and we faced it when we had Pirlo (actually, Pirlo is talking about a similar episode in his biography). But back then we expected Pirlo to be marked like that on certain matches and we had plan B prepared. Tonight we had nothing and it was shocking. Sarri needed 60 minutes to realize the problem and replace Pjanic. Either Sarri is an idiot or Rabiot and Bentacur failed miserably with the plan B. Or both.
He's just shit. He doesn't have technical quality to fool his marker with dribbles and tricks nor have the strength to hold the ball. That's why he always does safest option by passing the ball sideways or backpass.
Pirlo was still able to control the midfield even when he got marked heavily and he would draw free kick if his marker press him hard. Even Bentancur does better job at getting past his marker when he plays regista

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Registas in general were great 20 years ago when the other team had forwards who couldn't be bothered to run. Nowadays it's completely different.

But anyways, I usually defend Pjanic because even if he would get marked, he would at least be capable defensively. Not amazing, but capable. That is just not true anymore.

The opponent can punt the ball anywhere near our Bonucci/Pjanic area and will 100% retain it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Registas in general were great 20 years ago when the other team had forwards who couldn't be bothered to run. Nowadays it's completely different.

But anyways, I usually defend Pjanic because even if he would get marked, he would at least be capable defensively. Not amazing, but capable. That is just not true anymore.

The opponent can punt the ball anywhere near our Bonucci/Pjanic area and will 100% retain it.
I agree. Defensively he became a liability, being so slow and not aggressive at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)