Miralem Pjanić (37 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
The best Pjanic i've seen was the Pjanic of the 2nd half of the 2016/17 season. Particularly after the switch to 4-2-3-1 against Lazio.

That Pjanic was worthy of being grouped with Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba. IMO other than brief moments (like Madrid 3-0) we have not seen that level from him since.

But he's def getting back to there under Sarri.

Jan 5, 2011
The best Pjanic i've seen was the Pjanic of the 2nd half of the 2016/17 season. Particularly after the switch to 4-2-3-1 against Lazio.

That Pjanic was worthy of being grouped with Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba. IMO other than brief moments (like Madrid 3-0) we have not seen that level from him since.

But he's def getting back to there under Sarri.
What is Mister 8 doing here? He is miles ahead the rest :)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Loved how during yesterdays match the commentators were just stating that Juve is lacking real quality passer like Jorginho was in Chelsea and Napoli. Just when they were saying it Pjanic sent beatiful through ball to the right wing, which almost ended with goal. They looked like fools.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Loved how during yesterdays match the commentators were just stating that Juve is lacking real quality passer like Jorginho was in Chelsea and Napoli. Just when they were saying it Pjanic sent beatiful through ball to the right wing, which almost ended with goal. They looked like fools.
I noticed that too. Right on cue :D

Also thought he kept saying things like "heavyweight" and one of the "biggest" goalscorers you'll ever see when referring to Higuain.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
lol, and the funny thing is Jorginho himself never delivers those kind of passes.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
There are so many variables that influence the amount of touches a player has. I don't see the benefit in putting any weight into that statistic, personally. You would have to add a lot of filters for it to hold weight. For example, if you are losing a match and the opponent is sitting off you, Pjanic could make 200 passes. What does it matter?

I would rather focus on vertical passes. I think it tells more about the player and the team.

Comparing Allegri/Sarri based on how often Pjanic simply touches/passes the ball is naive. What does it matter if Allegri wants Bonucci to pass straight wide to the fullback and Sarri wants Bonucci to pass it Pjanic and THEN to the fullback, for example?

There has to be more nuance to the evaluation.

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
I notice he does more of those pirloesque long through ball now, its amazing!

I rarely see those during allegris days, I wonder if its because allegri didnt want him to do that or he just take more initiatives under sarri?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)