Miralem Pjanić (26 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i really wish i could see why people rate him so high! he is a normal player with nothing exceptional! maybe only the freekicks.

i don't remember the last time he did a throw that created a goal. a long ball that made cr7 score. no outside screamer !

just normal.
not everything is goals and assists especially not when you play as deep as him. let him play as one of the B2B midfielders abd im sure that would change

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
not everything is goals and assists especially not when you play as deep as him. let him play as one of the B2B midfielders abd im sure that would change
i know players who play deep and they do this. and that's why they became highly rated.

invalid excuse in my opinion.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Eriksen Rabiot Ramsey
or Eriksen Rabiot SMS if we can sign SMS too:fap:
Rabiot can do well at Regista I think.
eriksen is a textbook am, i wouldn't waste him as a mezzala. fortunately, rabiot is an excellent mezzala. so all we need is a regista. ah, that's pjanic. we're settled then.

i'd take eriksen without thinking twice, but not on the expense of pjanic. rugani, khedira, matuidi wouldn't get a combined playtime of 1500 minutes, and if dybala is open to a sale, then eriksen is one of the best potential alternatives.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
If you play as deep as Pjanic, chances are you won't play the final ball or get into many scoring positions, but that doesn't take away from them being essential for making their teams tick and instigate plays from the back.

That role is just kinda unthankful, cause even if a goal is largely down to a pass made by the Regista, it rarely ever translates to direct goals/assist numbers, because it wasn't the final pass.

Moving him up the pitch would improve his direct goals/assist stats, but he won't be of more use to us then where he plays now imo.

Granted, he has his daydreaming moments, but normally he's pretty pressure resistent and a save outlet for our CB's to pass the ball too. And since he's also the best passer in the team, he can then spread the ball from there.

Jan 22, 2016
His role demands endless running, pressing and back tracking and I'm afraid he doesn't have the engine to do this job.

By 60 minutes of each game he is dead tired and a burden on our team. Our pressing completely fails when this guy is no longer able to put pressure on opponents.

We have 2 choices, changing his position and let him play closer to the goal or sell him and buy a suitable MF

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
His role demands endless running, pressing and back tracking and I'm afraid he doesn't have the engine to do this job.

By 60 minutes of each game he is dead tired and a burden on our team. Our pressing completely fails when this guy is no longer able to put pressure on opponents.

We have 2 choices, changing his position and let him play closer to the goal or sell him and buy a suitable MF
He did look dead by the time he was subbed. But I'm afraid this is a symptom of Ronaldo playing LW. As you are asking 4 midfielders to do the running of 5.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
We have Pjanic and Rabiot with high success rate in passing, that is the key in build up.

Want to see more explosive movement from our wingers and more attack minded BBM that can firing from 2nd line , really miss Pogba...

Rabiot already showed some shoot from outside penalty box against Inter hopefully he can improve from that, still waiting what Ramsey bring for the team

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I have worries about him too, seems to be to slow and fragile. Also looking at the last match, everyone was trying to play fast passes, while he would touch the ball, wait and think which slows our play.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He is slow and fragile. But he is the best passer we have and he is absolutely great in fast passing. He thinks because we are still far from being compact, the team doesn't move properly to enable quick one-two. It's a long road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)