Miralem Pjanić (22 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
With the ball, he did have a very unstable season, because of lack of focus. The team really relied on him having a good day to move the ball quickly and generate chances.

But defensively, the guy is criminally underrated. The amount of running he did was off the charts. It seems like he's walking the whole time, but the guy covers a shitload of ground.

Crucial player.

Even though he's not leaving, a gamble I think would be interesting would be selling him and buying SMS, as we are in dire need of good box-to-box mids (even with Rabiot). I like Benta and I think he would do well enough in the DM position, perhaps rotating with Can (not sure he's suited for it actually)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The problem that players like Pjanic and Pogba suffer with is that it's very difficult to be a consistent midfielder when you are surrounded by shit like Khedira, Matuidi, Fred, McTominay, Matic...

Kroos-Casemiro-Modric
Iniesta-Busquets-Xavi
Kroos-Schweinsteiger-Martinez
DiMaria-Alonso-Modric
Silva-Fernandinho-DeBruyne

When you look at the best midfields of this decade, you see top players everywhere. At this level, it is not possible for one player to carry a midfield to glory by himself.

That's why I think Pjanic will be better next year if we can get Ramsey, Rabiot, and one of Pogba/SMS/Ndombele.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
never liked this guy. but if we have rabiot and pogba, i would give a chance. even though am pretty sure he is not cut for teams like Juve, Barca and Madrid.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
The problem that players like Pjanic and Pogba suffer with is that it's very difficult to be a consistent midfielder when you are surrounded by shit like Khedira, Matuidi, Fred, McTominay, Matic...

Kroos-Casemiro-Modric
Iniesta-Busquets-Xavi
Kroos-Schweinsteiger-Martinez
DiMaria-Alonso-Modric
Silva-Fernandinho-DeBruyne

When you look at the best midfields of this decade, you see top players everywhere. At this level, it is not possible for one player to carry a midfield to glory by himself.

That's why I think Pjanic will be better next year if we can get Ramsey, Rabiot, and one of Pogba/SMS/Ndombele.
Agree with this. We forget pogba became great when playing alongside pirlo viral and Marchisio. At the time considered the best midfield. No different to bonucci shining when next time barzagli and Chiellini.

I still dont think pjanic is best utilised as a deep lying playmaker but happy for Sarri to trial it if he has good B2B options around him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)