Miralem Pjanić (45 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm not sure how they count a sideways pass, but I'd imagine that a pass between the CBs (which is probably the most common pass Bonucci makes) or pass to the fullback would count as sideways pass.

Squawka gets their data from Opta so it should be pretty accurate. Certainly the most accurate available.
okay, believe your own eyes. according to squawka's per 90 min metrics, bonucci made 65,94 passes, of which 40,29 were backwards (!!!) passes, 5,06 (!!!) were forward, and 20,35 were sideways. let's ignore that if you sum these it's less than 65,94. do you really see bonucci putting more than 60% of his passes towards the only player that usually plays behind him (wojtek)? i never doubted the accuracy of squawka stats, i use the comparison matrix pretty often, i'm aware that they are buying the data directly from opta, but fuck me, these bonucci passing stats look completely wrong.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
okay, believe your own eyes. according to squawka's per 90 min metrics, bonucci made 65,94 passes, of which 40,29 were backwards (!!!) passes, 5,06 (!!!) were forward, and 20,35 were sideways. let's ignore that if you sum these it's less than 65,94. do you really see bonucci putting more than 60% of his passes towards the only player that usually plays behind him (wojtek)? i never doubted the accuracy of squawka stats, i use the comparison matrix pretty often, i'm aware that they are buying the data directly from opta, but fuck me, these bonucci passing stats look completely wrong.
I edited my post. See what I mentioned there. You are certainly correct those numbers can't be rigth.

- - - Updated - - -

@s4tch

Look at the amount of forward passes these GKs play :D

http://stats.squawka.com/en/compari...433&s=101,103,104,105,106,108,109,117,111,113

Last edited:

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Lol, those stats. It's probably that their stats are just labeled wrong.

For bon, 40 sideways, 5 backwards and 20 forward passes seem realistic I guess?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pjanic to be the main architect this new season.

Maybe we will finally see the genius we all know him to be, but consistently.

Hell, he might even get to take the majority of the FKs again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)