Miralem Pjanić (17 Viewers)

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Is there really any fair comparison? So if Dybal has more assists hes a better passer? No one else plays his position so its very hard to have a fair discussion. He is extremely important to our midfield and our team for that matter. The only thing I would question is how we would look with two more defensive players in a 4-2-3-1 so we can get Dybala,Ronaldo,Costa and Mandz/Bern on the field together
No I didn't say anything like that. But I wanted to point out that if you want to look at some stats, at least get a reliable source, normalize with minutes played and observe them over a period of time to not just post one random number without context.

I think Can or Bentancur could play Pjanic' currently passive role, at least as good.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The entire 'Perez pressured Uefa' argument doesnt make sense because journalists and coaches vote, not Uefa officials. Undoubtedly Ronaldo domintated CL and La liga, but the WC made major difference I think.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
He is really good, at his best he is definitely a WC, but not in this current form.
Guess I'm one of that gullible people, welp.
He isn't off form. This is Pjanic.

He'll have some WC or close to WC level games, and he'll have games where he's worse than he's been so far this season. Last two games represent the average Pjanic performance more or less.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Modric would look better if he cut his hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Modric deserved the golden ball, but was very poor in La Liga and not even that great in the CL. Perez must've pressured UEFA get him to win the award.
Some stats (according to whoscored)
I don't know if that award was for the "best player born in a UEFA country" or "best performer in UEFA competitions."

If latter, it was retarded. Ronaldo scored 15 goals, which is 2nd highest of all time(?), and WC has nothing to do with it.

if the former, then debatable, but WC consists of only 7 matchdays, Hazard was as good as Modric, and Ronaldo overall was more impressive over a longer period of time.

Maybe the real tragedy is Keylor Navas getting the best GK award over Allison and no one caring lol.

- - - Updated - - -

@Lapa I thought you were being facetious with your Modric is overrated and not WC comment (though that didn't make sense either), but now, I'm not so sure lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)