Miralem Pjanić (40 Viewers)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I dont know if the management had this kind of stuff in mind when they went after Ronaldo. There are egos in the dressing room and they were sure to be hurt with the ammount of money Ronaldo is receiving. The only thing i am actually affraid since the beggining of the CR7 to Juve runours, was the egoes of our other players and how this transfer would effect them.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #4,262
    I dont know if the management had this kind of stuff in mind when they went after Ronaldo. There are egos in the dressing room and they were sure to be hurt with the ammount of money Ronaldo is receiving. The only thing i am actually affraid since the beggining of the CR7 to Juve runours, was the egoes of our other players and how this transfer would effect them.
    come on, this is freaking Ronaldo. not only is he a global brand and a marketing and money magnet, he is also the best player in the world, scoring more goals in the CL PER SEASON than most of our players in their entire careers. besides, until further knowledge, his wages should be relatively low, as the majority is expected to be paid by Exxor.

its funny how no one (or very few, me included) brought up the wage issue when we made Emre Can 4th best paid player in the team, ahead of Pjanic, AS, Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Matuidi, Khedira etc, but suddenly its a problem when we sign Ronaldo

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
    not after the Ronaldo deal. after the Can deal, hes the one inferior player that got higher wages than 90% of the team

- - - Updated - - -

he does, thats why we shouldnt sell
    I feel we’ve been here previously with Llorente in terms of the Emre Can comparison.

When the ceiling raises to €30m salaries however, that will cause the biggest shift imo. It’s similar to what the Neymar sale for €222m did to the transfer market by massively raising the prices of bang average players.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #4,265
    I feel we’ve been here previously with Llorente in terms of the Emre Can comparison.

When the ceiling raises to €30m salaries however, that will cause the biggest shift imo. It’s similar to what the Neymar sale for €222m did to the transfer market by massively raising the prices of bang average players.
    in Llorentes case, he got a salary of 3.5M a year, which is 0.5M more than Vucinic and Giovinco, and 2M less than Tevez, so he was in range of our other strikers, while he was brought to start next to Tevez. when comparing to other stars of the team at the time he signed, Buffon had 6M, Pirlo and Vidal who were still on their 2011 contracts had 3M (both extended during that season for higher salaries iirc). but the situation wasnt the same as it is now, because we were coming off our just 2nd scudetto and the team wasnt as star studded as it is now, the few ones we had were "made" and "revived" by us, we werent as attractive of a destination as we are now etc.

with Emre Can, you had 3 internationally established top mids already here, and now you sign this young one that still has a lot to prove, and give him the highest wages among them off the bat. its no surprise Pjanic already seeks a new, better contract. expect some others to do so as well

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Pjanic is indispensable for us. Would be a big step back for our midfield to lose him even if we get Pogba or SMS as a result. There aren't many mids of his type at his level at the moment - only Modric is better. Players like Pogba and SMS aren't a dime a dozen but they don't make their teams play like Pjanic does.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Credit to pjanic. He's really become a very good all rounder midfielder since allegri switched him to a 2 man midfield. The added responsibility has allowed him to raise his own bar as a all rounded player and not just a midfield playmaker.

And he's only 28. He hasn't event hit his prime years yet.

Wr should keep him at all costs and give him a raise for sure. Not a lot of players like him are available.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
    in Llorentes case, he got a salary of 3.5M a year, which is 0.5M more than Vucinic and Giovinco, and 2M less than Tevez, so he was in range of our other strikers, while he was brought to start next to Tevez. when comparing to other stars of the team at the time he signed, Buffon had 6M, Pirlo and Vidal who were still on their 2011 contracts had 3M (both extended during that season for higher salaries iirc). but the situation wasnt the same as it is now, because we were coming off our just 2nd scudetto and the team wasnt as star studded as it is now, the few ones we had were "made" and "revived" by us, we werent as attractive of a destination as we are now etc.

with Emre Can, you had 3 internationally established top mids already here, and now you sign this young one that still has a lot to prove, and give him the highest wages among them off the bat. its no surprise Pjanic already seeks a new, better contract. expect some others to do so as well
    Valid points - I’m not sure about those figures however. I seem to recall Llorente having wages closer to €4.5m and Buffon not being on 6m at the time.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #4,269
    Valid points - I’m not sure about those figures however. I seem to recall Llorente having wages closer to €4.5m and Buffon not being on 6m at the time.
    Buffon signed an extension shorty after iirc, and got them reduced to something like 4M.

about Nando, ive read both 3.5M and 4.5M, on different sources, but Gazzetta says 3.5M. they seem to be the most reliable to me regarding wages, as they publish them for all clubs each season

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    We had him for 4 years in a different kind of mid to current Juve without Pjanič, once he went to ManUnited he was far from as good as here. I'm all for signing him if we keep Pjanič as his partner, but I wouldn't swap them, thats where I fear Pogba would not deliver.
    Yeah its stupid to sell Pjanic, even if Pogba is better, the improvement is having both together, not tit for tat.

And no there really isnt any risk whatsoever with Pogba, our midfield would become vastly better again with him there, its basically a fact since we witnessed it for so long. Starting him instead of Matuidi or Khedira would double our chances.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    come on, this is freaking Ronaldo. not only is he a global brand and a marketing and money magnet, he is also the best player in the world, scoring more goals in the CL PER SEASON than most of our players in their entire careers. besides, until further knowledge, his wages should be relatively low, as the majority is expected to be paid by Exxor.

its funny how no one (or very few, me included) brought up the wage issue when we made Emre Can 4th best paid player in the team, ahead of Pjanic, AS, Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Matuidi, Khedira etc, but suddenly its a problem when we sign Ronaldo
    ...what ??

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Yeah its stupid to sell Pjanic, even if Pogba is better, the improvement is having both together, not tit for tat.

And no there really isnt any risk whatsoever with Pogba, our midfield would become vastly better again with him there, its basically a fact since we witnessed it for so long. Starting him instead of Matuidi or Khedira would double our chances.
    What i dont get about the Pogba dream, is why would Man Utd remotely sell him for anything less than his original transferfee ?

He's the same player, with more experience, and just won a world cup.

How on earth would he suddenly costs half. Long ass contract too iirc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)