Miralem Pjanić (39 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Heard some football pundits say that he is b2b mid. Since they are football pundits and getting paid for their jobs you wouls think they know smth.

For me regardless he is more of a Khedira replacement than Pjanic. I just dont see how this works out if he plays deep in Pjanic position when he has different qualities. Bentancur promoted for Pjanic roll makes more sense.

Now that i remember i saw Can last summer at the conf cup. He looked good actually.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Emre Can is capable of playing most roles in both a 2- and 3-man midfield.

I seriously doubt he has been signed to "replace" Pjanic. Emre Can gives us the opportunity to move Pjanic forward on the field, but also the opportunity to sell Pjanic and role with a 4-2-3-1.

But I'm confident that Allegri sees Can as a controlling box-to-box midfielder at the moment.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Dont forget Gomes. Barca will offer him for Pjanic. Marotta is long term admirer.
Will end up 50m + Gomes.

Im so damn convinced Lazio wont sell SMS to us. We couldnt even sign Keita and he wanted us. Remember that people.

This is going to be the reality. No Pjanic our best mid. Extend Khedira till 40.

Good luck in CL with useless crap like Gomes.

Can and Golovin are completely unproven in CL. Can was injured when Pool made the final.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Can is the holding mid for Liverpool when Henderson is not there. When he is, then Can switches to B2B.

The fact that Henderson is a better regista than Can tells you all there is to know about comparisons with Pjanic.

If we play with Can in the middle (unlikely) then we'll need playmakers on the sides.

Allegri has always shown to be of the opinion of having a regista and not just a DM in the center (same for 90% of Italian coaches). Everything points to Can as a mezzala for now. Its why Bentancur and Pjanic got pulled back to regista instead of mezzala as they were previously, because they are the better passers and have better vision. Same with Marchisio.

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #3,993
    Michael Becker [Pjanic agent]: “We’re very flattered by this link. He’s attracted the interest of great clubs for the good things he’s done with Juve. At the moment Miralem is on holiday, so if Barcelona want to sign him, they must contact Juventus to start negotiations.” [MD]
    thats my son

- - - Updated - - -

He gone

But if we get SMS as well as Golovin and SMS - that's not a bad compromise.
    where do i sign :baus:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
    Michael Becker [Pjanic agent]: “We’re very flattered by this link. He’s attracted the interest of great clubs for the good things he’s done with Juve. At the moment Miralem is on holiday, so if Barcelona want to sign him, they must contact Juventus to start negotiations.” [MD]
    If it was not for the fact that we are so deprived of quality in midfield, I would not be against selling Pjanic.

He is a good player but certainly not a 80m EUR player. If we would invest the money in a real top class mid as Pogba, SMS, Veratti or even someone like Thiago or Kovacic, I wont be all that sad.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Would sell if it gets us SMS money. Pjanic is great, certainly not lazy at all but too weak, we need more steel in midfield and physicality in midfield. He just isnt that player though i applaud his efforts to be when we forced him into it

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
    Jan 5, 2006
    If it was not for the fact that we are so deprived of quality in midfield, I would not be against selling Pjanic.

He is a good player but certainly not a 80m EUR player. If we would invest the money in a real top class mid as Pogba, SMS, Veratti or even someone like Thiago or Kovacic, I wont be all that sad.
    Funny thing considering he is better than Thiago, Kovacic and possibly Verratti because he is always injured.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
    Funny thing considering he is better than Thiago, Kovacic and possibly Verratti because he is always injured.
    Veratti injuries would could be an issue, but he is still a much better player than Pjanic. For me both Thiago and Kovacic are better players in open play than Pjanic. Offcourse the dont offer the setpiece abilities that Pjanic do. If I could choose between them I would still take both Thiago and Kovacic over Pjanic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)