Miralem Pjanić (15 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Definitely not world class. He's too inconsistent, disappears in key moments, and is prone to moments of insanity. He's our best midfielder because our midfield is actually nothing to write home about, not because he's great.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I want to wait till be actually has real midfielders next to him rather than the two sacks of potatoes he is currently riddled with, but yeah a player if his perceived quality should be able to play better no matter who he is playing next to, and come on, Matuidi and Khedira arnt that bad, both play for two of the most stacked international teams there are.

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #3,630
    Pjanic: ’50-50 with Milan’
    By Football Italia staff

Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic believes “the chances are 50-50” against Milan in the Coppa Italia final.

The Bianconeri have practically secured a seventh Scudetto in a row, and can make it four domestic doubles on the spin if they beat Gennaro Gattuso’s side on Wednesday.

“Winning the cup would be very important for us and would represent another record, and Juventus want to set records,” Pjanic pointed out, speaking to Rai.

“Milan are difficult to face, they’ve done great things and Gattuso has found the right balance. The chances are 50-50 and it’ll be up to us to give that something extra to turn incidents in our favour.

“They want to start winning trophies again, and we want to bring the Coppa to Turin another time. We’re expecting a beautiful final, the Coppa Italia is another competition and we wanted to win everything.

“We went out of the Champions League, we’re well placed in the league and the Coppa is another competition.

“We’re getting great results and right now maybe the right weight isn’t being given to them, but in time we’ll remember what this team has done and we can only congratulate the club and the team.

“I have five teammates who are close to a seventh Scudetto in a row, and that’s the basis of Juventus.

“There’s also the new ones, who immediately integrated themselves and immediately realised that your objectives must be achieved here.

“Our secret? Daily work, and the humility we always have in questioning ourselves. Every day we give our best and there are workouts that sometimes seem like matches for the intensity with which we face them.

“Having to win every game brings enormous pressure, but this group manages it well.

“The Coach [Max Allegri] has a big squad available and everyone feels involved. Then the club makes sure that we players only have to think about the pitch.”
    :heart:

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Pjanic: Napoli blew Scudetto
    By Football Italia staff

Miralem Pjanic claims Napoli only have themselves to blame for seemingly blowing the Scudetto and hopes Max Allegri stays at Juventus.

Juve stand on the verge of lifting a seventh straight Scudetto this weekend, but not without Napoli pushing them all the way, while Allegri has been linked with the imminent vacancy at Arsenal.

“Higuain a substitute on Wednesday? For me, he’s the best striker in Italy,” the midfielder told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“After that, there are some choices to make and obviously the Coach thought it was best: he’s the boss and he decides. Will Allegri stay? I don’t know, ask him.

“All I can say is that he’s made us grow and win more. That aside, sometimes strange things happen in football and you never know. :depressed

“Allegri is good enough to understand what is the best choice for his future. I’d like him to stay because I feel good with him and he’s made me grow.

“After that, the discussions about the future belong to him and the club. I can only compliment him for being one of the most successful Coaches in Juventus’ history.

“Poison coming from outside? What are we talking about, Inter? Does only one game decide a season for you?

“If Napoli had beaten Milan, they’d have been in the lead and everything would have been dependent on them.

“We did well to stay up there, and we’re convinced that we’re the best team. I’m sorry about all this talk, but it’s nothing compared to what we are doing and the commitment we’re putting in.

“The important thing is that we keep lifting trophies: we’ve earned ours on the field.”

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I like how Miralem talks, the interviews I have read from him have always given me the impression that he is a smart man who chooses his words carefully.

On his talk about Allegri he gave me the impression that Allegris is as good as gone.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    He is not affirming anything.

What he said is what we all know. The strange things in football he is talking about most likely is a stupid offer from a rich club.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
    Who would be the perfect type of player to partner Pjanic in a midfield? And what would be their respective responsibilities? Ive been hyped up about Pjanic too since his Roma and Lyon time, and he has a cool balkan-Juve name and all, but Ive never been exactly sure how worldclass he actually is.

What are his responsiblities and how come our midfield this season has been dominated by almost every team or atleast in significant periods of games, against teams you wouldnt expect it? Is it Khedira and Matuidi who are simply shit, or are they all subpar?

Would be good with some insights from the Pjanic boys here

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #3,638
    the goal against Verona was his 15th direct FK goal in Serie A so far in his career. still on track to take that Mihajlovic record :weee:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    the goal against Verona was his 15th direct FK goal in Serie A so far in his career. still on track to take that Mihajlovic record :weee:
    don't think he can do it with Dybala taking half the freekicks though, really incredible how we have 2 guys that in time would crack their way into all time free kick scoring greats in Serie A if they didn't have to split them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)