Miralem Pjanić (100 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pjanic: 'Incomprehensible decision’
By Football Italia staff

Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic describes the penalty given to Real Madrid as “incomprehensible”.

The Bianconeri had fought back to level the tie after a 3-0 defeat in the first leg, but Medhi Benatia was adjudged to have fouled Lucas Vazquez in the last minute and referee Michael Oliver pointed to the spot.

Gianluigi Buffon was sent off for his protests, and Cristiano Ronaldo duly smashed the penalty into the top corner.

“We really gave everything,” Pjanic wrote on Instagram.

“We were close, but unfortunately sometimes in football some decisions are incomprehensible. We were the stronger team on the pitch tonight.

“I’m proud to be part of this group, now let’s get ready to win our Scudetto and Coppa Italia.”

Negan

Apr 11, 2018
Our players need to stop getting stupid bookings. Hurts to miss our best players
Yes they really add up in the later stages of the CL, if you have to make a tactical foul that's completely understandable but there are such stupid bookings we receive that are totally avoidable

I think they should change the banning system though, with the way teams attack these days it's almost impossible for certain players not to pick up yellow cards in some matches and cards these days are handed out much more frequently and easier than ever before

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I thought he played a great game against them. We missed his touch, control and precise passing in the first leg. Easily our best and most important midfielder.
:agree: Not having him and even more so Benatia were huge losses.

Our players need to stop getting stupid bookings. Hurts to miss our best players
He is definitely the worst for stupid bookings. It was a big factor over the two legs.

May 23, 2013
Marchisio is done. And it's not some Allegri favouritism thing. He played Marchisio non-stop before the ACL injury. He looks alright on the pitch, but nowhere near what he was before.

I may be overrating Pjanic's contribution, but you are clearly underrating it. Our midfield was far better today with Pjanic on the pitch than it was in the first leg with Bentancur and Khedira. Or in the games against Spurs. And guess why...

...because we played a 3 man mid. Pjanic doesn't suit a 2 man mid (nor does Marchisio for that matter). He gave a superhuman effort last season to make it work, but long term it's not feasible to expect Pjanic to play in that style of mid unless he's alongside some energizer bunny like prime Vidal.

He was very good today in the 3 man mid, and was one of the reasons we controlled this game from start to almost finish.
Late response buttt.

We can say Max always played Marchisio however if we remember correctly when Pirlo returned from injury he he benched Marchisio vs Olympiacos (which we lost) and Marchisio through amazing work forced his way into the starting XI. He was absolutely world class so Allegri would have to be retarded not to play him his first and especially his 2nd season.

Pjanic is a brilliant midfielder. I just feel his creativity is wasted and regista and he just doesn’t have the right characteristics as well. He is too sloppy with the ball and does not play enough vertical to the wingers or over the top balls like Maechisio or Pirlo. Marchisio brings everything he brings but more at regista.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That loss to Crotone (yes, I consider it a loss) will cost us huge. What will happen next is that we will rush Pjanic back from injury which will see him sidelined for a longer period and you all know the outcome considering the matches against Inter and Roma

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)