Miralem Pjanić (101 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If you look at Pjanic's early career you would never in your life believe he would be used in a 4-4-2 beside someone like Khedira. Never in your life would you believe a coach would use him there.

It's not even a typical 4-2-3-1 where you have a real CAM who comes into midfield to help. It is a straight 4-4-2, here you go mate, you have to go up and down all match, help Chiellini against Kane and also mark Eriksen. And when their wingers drift inside, you have to take their shooting option away.

I can't even evaluate him properly, he was just hanging on for dear life.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i do rate pjanic very highly, but boy, did he have a poor first half. i wonder how we'll play in his absence in the 1st leg of the quarters.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd actually like to try a midfield trio of Asamoah, Matuidi, and Pjanic. Perhaps that might free him up more, allowing him more space and time on the ball to do damage. Maybe Allegri can accommodate my request in Serie A before trying it out in the 2nd leg of the CL QF.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Definitely a tough game for him. Mira is a stud, though, tons of technical quality, and a fair bit of versatility -- smart player.

He could really use a bit more help/protection. Going to miss him next match, easily our best and most important midfielder.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Hard to really criticize him here. He is never going to sprint back 40 yards or knock players off the ball. Is asked to do far too much these days.

He's a square peg that is being stuffed into a round hole.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Needs a better partner in midfield.

Imagine pirlo without a Gattuso or a Vidal.

Pjanic needs a warrior beside him to protect him and do the dirty work.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If you look at Pjanic's early career you would never in your life believe he would be used in a 4-4-2 beside someone like Khedira. Never in your life would you believe a coach would use him there.

It's not even a typical 4-2-3-1 where you have a real CAM who comes into midfield to help. It is a straight 4-4-2, here you go mate, you have to go up and down all match, help Chiellini against Kane and also mark Eriksen. And when their wingers drift inside, you have to take their shooting option away.

I can't even evaluate him properly, he was just hanging on for dear life.
Its shame we use him as some kind of regista/DM.. but with a bad midfield.

Its really a shame because i think this guy could be monstrous with a proper midfield around him.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We're fucked without him next match. Hope Marchisio gets his fitness up in time.
meh. He's not really being utilized properly in these tough CL matches. He excelled in a 4-2-3-1 with Manbro and Cuads doing the work of 4 men but he's not cut out to do the running and defending that is required of him in the 4-3-3 switch. He can cut it in Serie A where teams fear us and give him time on the ball but he's just not the sort of player we needed tonight.

If we are continuing down this road we might actually be better off without him at the moment. Real problem is who else steps in.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
I think matuidi should honestly charge forward less and adapt from being a b2b midfielder to more of a CDM. That would give Pjanic and Marchisio/Khedira much more freedom to create

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Pjanic has been fairly poor since winter break this year. Even his free kick delivery has been really inconsistent over the last 6-8 weeks. Annoying because he was probably our most consistent and best player for the first 4 months this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)