Miralem Pjanić (19 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Pjanic has on balance been a little dissapointing. He is underperforming by his own standards and perhaps expectations were also a bit high.

I still think he will improve as the season goes on. He needs a bit of continuity in the first team and I am sure he will come good. He still has that ability to change a match with some passes and especially those free kicks!

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
It's funny, because not long ago people were bitching about how he doesn't do that.
This was a game that we needed to play as fast as we can so we can find spaces. You can also check what allegri said after the game :

“We had to win, the lads won it and we’re taking it all one step at a time. In the second half we should’ve moved the ball quicker and not been so hasty with our decisions.

this is practically what I said about Pjanic.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
At last Max can relax and think about proper integration of this guy. Clearly Khedira-Pjanic where Sami plays more aggressive role doesn't work in 3 man midfield, they both too slow.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Not only lethargic, but he was also all over the place positionally against Seville. More than once changed positions and only seemed to confuse MArchisio and Khedira.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Seeing the fanboys trying to defend him now that the consensus about him is settling in is absolutely hilarious :lol: Sad part is they'll probably be his biggest bashers when he's in the process of being sold, and will instantaneously develop giant man-crushes on whoever replaces, regardless of that player's quality.

"He just needs good players around him" you don't say, detective! :lol::lol:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Understandably are expectations are much higher but saying they have been are worst players is just wrong. None of them have sucked. They have contributed goals and assists on serveral occasions amongst other things. They cant be expected to play like prime Pirlo and Litch all the time.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Wouldn't mind seeing him used ahead of Marchisio and Khedira:

Pjanic
Khedira-Marchisio​

I think we can gain more value out of having Pjanic in the centre of the field instead of having Khedira higher forward. He needs the ball more, and he needs to be more advanced and he needs to have more cover. At this point, Marchisio and Khedira are not huge offensive threats so I would be fine with both just settling in front of the defence.

When Dybala is healthy, I don't really like how he's so far from Pjanic when Pjanic is at LCM. They are never combining. If Pjanic wants to hit a pass to Dybala, it has to always be in the air.

And he can't get any space between the lines playing on the left. You see this problem with #10s all the time. They lose a lot of effectiveness if they are playing in line with their other CMs. They have to be in between the striker and the CMs.

You could play these 3 CMs like this in the 3-5-2, you could play it in a 4-2-3-1 (with Dybala as an inside forward RW), or in our current state with Cuadrado and Alex Sandro on the outside.

I know Allegri said he tried Pjanic at regista because he wanted him in the centre of the pitch, but I think this solution makes more sense.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I just think a MF with Sami and him as CM doesn't work.... And Pjanic should play AM
He played well there the other week and should always play there. The problem is that Pjanic is a midget, mentally and physically. He doesn't have the defensive resolve to make gut busting runs away from his own goal. Good teams have played right through our midfield because Pjanic leaves a big hole in it. His physique holds him back as a CM, but he also lacks the instinct (of even a small midfielder like Veratti) to stop his opponent. That added responsibility takes away from his strength as an attacker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)