Miralem Pjanić (32 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm sorry. If people are bashing Pjanic about today's game, they are blind as fuck.

The guy had 67 passes, 88% completion, had 8 long ball passes, 7 of them accurate, made 6 key passes (including a couple gorgeous ones). 1 tackle, 1 clearance, 1 interception. Won a free kick and then scored it to win the game. Almost scored another to seal the game.

He was heavily involved today, and was fantastic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I'm sorry. If people are bashing Pjanic about today's game, they are blind as $#@!.

The guy had 67 passes, 88% completion, had 8 long ball passes, 7 of them accurate, made 6 key passes (including a couple gorgeous ones). 1 tackle, 1 clearance, 1 interception. Won a free kick and then scored it to win the game. Almost scored another to seal the game.

He was heavily involved today, and was fantastic.
:agree:

Even if you take his goal out of the equation, his performance was much better. He rarely lost the ball (which is something we really need) and set up two very good chances for Mandzukic.

I thought he improved again after his goal, maybe he just needs a bit of confidence.

Plus his free-kicks are incredible.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Even if you take his goal out of the equation, his performance was much better. He rarely lost the ball (which is something we really need) and set up two very good chances for Mandzukic.

I thought he improved again after his goal, maybe he just needs a bit of confidence.

Plus his free-kicks are incredible.
:tup:

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Am I the only one that noticed that towards the end of the game he started taking much more initiative? Keeping the ball and taking it forward instead of laying it off to other players with 1 touch passes.

That was either the confidence he got from the goal he scored, or him being in a more defensively stable team (once Evra came in we looked more compact at the back). Hope he keeps it up..

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Great game.

Made some dangerous and precise long balls to strikers and scored a winning free-kick.

Hope he continues on this path.

Defensive work will never be his stronger side. We have many players for that in this squad anyway, but we don't have many of those like Miralem.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Confidence indeed seems to be important for him right now, but stamina is definitely his issue. How he manages his energy during games is vital for a guy like him. He's not a dynamic player because, IMO, he hasn't enough gas to do it all. He's a bit of an old fashion midfielder.

So he does need to be centralized to reduce the area of movement. If he has to move too much without the ball, he lacks legs when he has it. If he defends too much, the same happens. His tendency to disappear during games is basically because of this. Stamina, lack of resistence.

So yes, he needs to play centralized and with guys who will do a lot of covering and running for him. Either replace Khedira for a more agile/physical guy (Khedira is dynamic, but very heavy and somewhat slow) or add another midfielder.

edit: just to complement, that's why for Pjanic, adapting is tougher than for other players. Because for him, moving "right" is more important, as his stamina conditions his performances, more than for other players.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Our best player today and the free kick was really sexy. I loved the other one even better, shame that Sorrentino had to save it.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
We honestly need to get him Allan, our midfield would be world class again. @Big Bang

- - - Updated - - -

Khedira, Lemina and Hernie for bench.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

Lemina isn't ready to be a starter yet, but needs to play regularly, first bench option would do him great.

Then get them Sensi's and Mandragora and other you CM collection :tuttosport:
For the time being, I'd play Pjanic - Marchisio - Lemina as 'starters' tbh. This is a strong physically and technically midfield. At the end of the season we should look for improvements though.

I just hate seeing both Pjanic and Khedira jogging in the middle of the pitch.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Sick free-kick and if it wasn't for a great Sorrentino save, would have had two amazing goals. Looked a lot more confident and decisive in his play, played with plenty of confidence which was nice to see. Some Pirloesque balls to Mandzukic and Higuain.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
For the time being, I'd play Pjanic - Marchisio - Lemina as 'starters' tbh. This is a strong physically and technically midfield. At the end of the season we should look for improvements though.

Same, those two can't play together, ever.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

I'd say you rotate the three of them. If we are using a 3 man mid, it's Marchisio between 2 of Lemina, Pjanic, Khedira. This will keep all 3 quite fresh. But the midfield needs a little more steel than Khedira+Pjanic can offer together as B2B when we play teams that press hard. There are matches that a Khedira-Marchisio-Pjanic mid will be excellent in, but there are matches, where Allegri needs to figure out that this isn't physical enough, and Lemina should replace either Pjanic or Khedira, depending on who the "in-form" CM is between the two of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)