Miralem Pjanić (35 Viewers)

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
Both Pjanic and Pogba have a tendency to go missing for stretches of a season. Which is exactly why I was so sceptical when we signed Pjanic. @Osman remembers as it really bunched up his panties at the time.

Viewing them in their ideal form, what sets them a part is Pogba's ability to carry the ball through pressure. Dont forget how valuable this was in big games (Madrid and in particular against Bayern) and it is something we wont see from Pjanic.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk
Againts madrid and bayern did he really carry the ball through pressure? I do not remember it
I remember pereyra did it against dortmund and morata did it against munchen.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. Mou should play a 4312 and have Pogba playing in his natural position and have Mkhitaryan play behind the strikers. One being Ibra and the other being Martial. Rooney would be the Martial sub.
Imo, mourinho is outdated tactically.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Againts madrid and bayern did he really carry the ball through pressure? I do not remember it

- - - Updated - - -

Mourinho is just the most stubborn coach out there, he just refuses to change his philosophy and tactics, even though he knows that they are no longer working..

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

When Bayern were putting in the pressure in game one Pogba was receiving the ball facing our goal and routinely moving it 25-30m before laying it off.

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #1,387
    Watch it!

The irony is stronk in this one. :p
    i dont know what you mean :snoop:

- - - Updated - - -

Mou plays Pogba almost the same way he plays Fellaini, it's just ridiculous, Paul is the all-around beast who can do anything, except playing DM in 2 man midfield and Mou uses him exactly like that. I mean playing fucking Rooney as AM, Miki on the wing (wtf is that, dude is a classical AM) and Pogba as deep-lying DM it's just retarded. Jose is also stubborn as hell, so he might continue with 4231. If it was not for Zlatan MU won't stand a chance this year.
    yeah, i was mentioning this after their SuperCup and after i saw in what formation they played. Mkhitaryan played on the right in a 3 man attack for Borussia last season, but he had a lot of freedom in his movements so he could go inside too. in a 4231 he cant do that unless Rooney drifts wide or drops back. with their current roster, benching Rooney is their best bet, make it a 4312 with Mikhi behind Martial-Ibra. Ibra likes to drop back anyway, Martial drifts left and can play as a winger effectively and Mikhitaryan would also have the freedom to go right. that would be a very flexible offensive trio, Ibra would play like he always does, Martial too and Mkhitaryan would have a similar role like he had in Dortmund last season. by benching Rooney you can also add a player infront of defense (Carrick probably, or Schneiderlin, but no idea how good he is) and give Pogba more freedom offensively. im surprised Mourinho doesent see this cause its very simple, or maybe he doesent trust either of his DMs enough

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Why do you bother? People want to think he's bad because he left.
    Who exactly has said Pogba is bad? I don't think I've seen anyone suggesting Pogba isn't a top 10 or even top 5 CM in football. Where are all the people saying he's mediocre or bad?

We have far more members here on Tuz that underrate our own players, but the white knights of objectivity have some strange obsession with trying to call out everyone for underrating other teams' players.

I mean, how terribly biased to think Pogba is the better midfielder than Pjanic, but that Pjanic is better offensively. What dramatic underrating of Pogba. Just terrible lmfao

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Because people keep making up what the counterpart says. No one calls Pogba a bad player.
    Who exactly has said Pogba is bad? I don't think I've seen anyone suggesting Pogba isn't a top 10 or even top 5 CM in football. Where are all the people saying he's mediocre or bad?

We have far more members here on Tuz that underrate our own players, but the white knights of objectivity have some strange obsession with trying to call out everyone for underrating other teams' players.

I mean, how terribly biased to think Pogba is the better midfielder than Pjanic, but that Pjanic is better offensively. What dramatic underrating of Pogba. Just terrible lmfao

People have literally been saying they don't see what Pogba is good at.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously. On what pogba is really good?.
    E.g.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah. That's Hydde. And I'm pretty sure he'd contradict himself by saying Pogba is one of the best CMs at the same time. :p
    Come on. You know 98% is bs. As PI says, we've more people here who are serious, when they underrate our players.
    We do. But if you're a Juventus fan and now you're saying Pogba is a bad player, which some of us are, you're probably saying that because he left. That's all I said.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    Yes, Pogba has been criminally underrated now.. not a coincidence it's after he's left.

He's played only a few games for United yet, out of his best position.

But he's so talented it just can't go completely wrong. By the end of the season he'll have a lot of goals and assists on his tally, showing the monster he is.

The fact Pjanic may blend very well with us has absolutely nothing to do with Pogba's quality. He's the first CM in the world I'd pick at any team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)