Miralem Pjanić (26 Viewers)

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #941
    I think his best season was the last one as regista.
    thats a close 2nd to me, but he was more decisive offensively and made a game changing play in the CL final in 2015.

11/12 with Conte the 3rd best

- - - Updated - - -

People think it's gonna be Pogba - Pjanic - Marchisio? I doubt it. I think we'll field Marchisio as a DM and give Pjanic more freedom to roam and do his magic.
    id use 4312 when all are fit and depending on who else we sign

in a 3 man midfield, both versions would work

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    thats a close 2nd to me, but he was more decisive offensively and made a game changing play in the CL final.

11/12 with Conte the 3rd best
    I think he was flawless last season. In the 14/15 season, he had already showed occasionally when playing instead of Pirlo that he would be great there. He made that position his, and I'd say he was considered a very good midfielder 2 seasons ago. This season he was simply flawless.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    I think he was flawless last season. In the 14/15 season, he had already showed occasionally when playing instead of Pirlo that he would be great there. He made that position his, and I'd say he was considered a very good midfielder 2 seasons ago. This season he was simply flawless.
    :tup:

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
    One thing I have to say about Marchisio as Regista: he's not bad in this role, but. when he's under intense pressure he tends to lose the ball. Pirlo had eyes in the back of his head, always knew how to free himself and never lost his composure. Marchisio doesn't have that gift. Obviously Pjanic is better than him offensively, but we have to give Pjanic the keys as Regista. we just have to. because this role is key in a 3-5-2 formaion.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #945
    he was our best midfielder with Pogba in 14/15 and outplayed both Vidal and Pirlo that season. he was moved everywhere around the midfield depending on who was missing (we were without Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba at different points in the season) and still maintained a very high level of form. 15/16 was also fantastic, he was also constantly good and keeping his great form through out the season, but vs Bayern he wasnt on his usual level and when you compare that performance to the 14/15 knock out games vs Dortmund, Real and Barca, i cant but not take the 14/15 season as his best one

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    One thing I have to say about Marchisio as Regista: he's not bad in this role, but. when he's under intense pressure he tends to lose the ball. Pirlo had eyes in the back of his head, always knew how to free himself and never lost his composure. Marchisio doesn't have that gift. Obviously Pjanic is better than him offensively, but we have to give Pjanic the keys as Regista. we just have to. because this role is key in a 3-5-2 formaion.
    I would disagree. Marchisio wasn't prime Pirlo but he didn't give the ball away that much under pressure.

But his defending as regista is top notch really. The amount of counter attacks he killed 2 years ago was insane. Was easily one of the best DMs in the world.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I kinda want Pjanic to play regista with Marchisio the freedom to push forward with Pogba.

Claudio was amazing under Conte season 1 in that 433 with pirlo pulling the strings. Would love to see that again with Pjanic doing the pirlo role

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I kinda want Pjanic to play regista with Marchisio the freedom to push forward with Pogba.

Claudio was amazing under Conte season 1 in that 433 with pirlo pulling the strings. Would love to see that again with Pjanic doing the pirlo role
    I don't think that is going to work.

Marchisio needs to be where he is for his defensive capabilities and reading of the game in front of him.

We didn't pay that much for Pjanic in order to stifle the offensive abilities he has

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    I don't think that is going to work.

Marchisio needs to be where he is for his defensive capabilities and reading of the game in front of him.

We didn't pay that much for Pjanic in order to stifle the offensive abilities he has
    I don't think his offensive abilities will be limited. He is quicker and much more mobile than pirlo ever was. He won't need a Vidal sitting next to him because he doesn't lack in the D department like pirlo did.

From a defensive standpoint, Pjanic isn't all the bad he works just not as hard as Marchisio would.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I don't think his offensive abilities will be limited. He is quicker and much more mobile than pirlo ever was. He won't need a Vidal sitting next to him because he doesn't lack in the D department like pirlo did.

From a defensive standpoint, Pjanic isn't all the bad he works just not as hard as Marchisio would.
    But Marchisio is also a far better defensive player than Pjanic.

So my question is this. Why would you move your best DM to a more offensive role, and move a terrific offensive midfielder further back from goal?

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    But Marchisio is also a far better defensive player than Pjanic.

So my question is this. Why would you move your best DM to a more offensive role, and move a terrific offensive midfielder further back from goal?
    I think Pjanic has a better distribution out of the back, personally. I think marchisio and Pogba have a great understanding together going forward.

Marchisio leads the way with his intelligent runs into the box something I don't think anyone else of the CMs is equivalent too.

Juve FC

Jul 11, 2016
    The point of a regista is not to have to do defensive work. You can't be defending and breaking up counters and also have the vision to see what is happening up field. If Marchisio were to play as a regista and Pjanic as more of a trequartista then we'd have to have a Khedira on the field as a box to box midfielder. I could see them running a 4-3-1-2 but they are bringing in all these wingers for a reason. Pjaca, Cuadrado, Sandro, Evra would all be coming off the bench.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I would disagree. Marchisio wasn't prime Pirlo but he didn't give the ball away that much under pressure.

But his defending as regista is top notch really. The amount of counter attacks he killed 2 years ago was insane. Was easily one of the best DMs in the world.
    Prime pirlo, is it 2006 ?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    The point of a regista is not to have to do defensive work. You can't be defending and breaking up counters and also have the vision to see what is happening up field. If Marchisio were to play as a regista and Pjanic as more of a trequartista then we'd have to have a Khedira on the field as a box to box midfielder. I could see them running a 4-3-1-2 but they are bringing in all these wingers for a reason. Pjaca, Cuadrado, Sandro, Evra would all be coming off the bench.
    But I personally do not see him as a Regista. I see him as a defensive midfielder. One that not only attacks the ball, but also puts himself into positions where the opposing players have to re-direct themselves into our back line. Personally, I think it would be a mistake to move him forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)