Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He doesn't need to put it in his contract to make a case for himself

If he did how many other little things that don't matter would he put in there

I think he's confident enough to not do that

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Isnt that the kind of stuff sorted in the locker room/training ground?
Probably.

But he gets paid 30M annually. I dont think we're that crazy or he's that arrogant to have any sort of clauses like that.

I just hope to see Pjanic and Dybala taking FK's from time to time though.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Isnt that the kind of stuff sorted in the locker room/training ground?
Im sure it would normally be sorted out by the fact pjanic is an awful lot more consistent at actually scoring them in competitive games. Shouldnt be much more complicated then that.

I really dont see why its more outlandush to believe him getting refusal of set pieces comes down from the top when he clearly is not the best or even second best at it

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Did Dybala or Pjanic actually score any freekick goals in CL? I don't remember that we converted a lot in the important games. I'm sure Ronaldo would not get anything because of his status. He would not like that. In case he was worse than Pjanic, then he would spend 2 extra hours a day to be sharper. I'm confident that he will only take PKs and freekicks if he has proved himself at training.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Because its a trivial matter in the grand scheme of things. He should be considered fortunate in the first place that there was some team in Europe willing to pay him 30M net at this stage in his career. And this is something that is sorted in team meetings or at training between team-mates, not in contractual negotiations. That would be pure disrespect to the other players/free-kick takers on the team if Juve did something like that and we're definitely not that type of club.

Not even PSG did that with Neymar as evidenced by his disputes with Cavani over taking PK's.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I absolutely would not be surprised if ronaldo gets first refusal at every set piece or pk and pjanic and dybala are told to take it on the chin for ronaldos vanity.

There is probably a clause in his contract that gives him the set pieces

Ronaldo gets first refusal, because he is Ronaldo. He is probably the world's best ever player. It's hard to deny him stuff. Hell, most of our other players consider him a legend themselves.

But I think a clause in his contract is very unlikely.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its Ronaldo.

If he wants to take the freekick, he'll take the freekick and Pjanic will give him the ball unless Pjanic was on some legendary fire that week in training.

Apr 19, 2007
Really? Why are you sure?
Because players like Ronaldo dont leave stuff like this to chance. Pjanic and Dybala dont even go to the ball anymore. You think there wasnt a discussion? If there was then why would it happen later and not up front if its that important to him

Does anyone think that Ronaldo is clearly better than everyone else on the team at FKs? If not then explain why there isnt even a discussion or rotation. It was discussed and decided

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)