Miralem Pjanić (50 Viewers)

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Pjanic needs more freedom, it means that we need someone to take a big bulk of defensive functions, Lemina imo is able to do it. So far in this case we have Marhicsio as anchor, Lemina in front of him and Pjanic as mezzala somewhere near (I still believe it's his best position, because of the long and quick vertical passing he is very good at). To make this thing work we need quasi AM like that great drunken indio was (god we miss him, jigsaw will fall into place with him just perfect). For some reason I believe Benfica time Witsel is capable of doing it – he doesn't need to invent anything, play simple, win aerial battles and one-two with Pjanic-Dybala-Higuain. But whoever plays there needs good engine, not sure Witsel has it.
Lemina can only be used in that manner in the league, not enough experience.
Spot on about pjanic needing more freedom though, i've been saying that almost since he came. He simply can not be expected defensive duties, not even a little..and this I see as a major F up by Allegri where slow khedira is given pass to go forward more than him. If khedira stays deep solely as a stopper along with Marchisio, his slowness won't be a factor, 2 dedicated stoppers, and intelligent ones at that, means pjanic can push way up, not quite the same kind of babysitting we did for Pirlo where he always stayed deep, pjanic needs the protection only to be able to go forward, which is simpler imho. Also two dedicated stoppers means Sandro can push up and not get caught..hell even Cuad can play RB safely..
This is a 4231 team sooner or later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)