Milan to make Gila move? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Milan ponder Gilardino bid
Wednesday 8 September, 2004

Parma transfer chief Luca Baraldi has failed to rule out a Milan move for Alberto Gilardino next summer.

"We are just thinking about this season right now," stated the Stadio Tardini official on Wednesday.

"Gilardino has decided to stay at Parma and he’s satisfied with the decision which he has taken.

"This is of great satisfaction to us as it was always our objective to keep a competitive squad together here."

Gilardino hit the headlines last season after he netted an amazing 23 League goals for the Gialloblu.

He then helped the Under-21 side win the European Championship and an Olympic Bronze medal.

That saw him heavily linked with moves to both Roma and Juventus but he decided to extend his Parma deal until 2007 instead.

However, speculation in the peninsula suggests that Milan have already contacted the club regarding a future offer.

The reigning Italian champions are apparently pondering a bid in an effort to land him for the 2005/06 season.

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
:groan: Moggi better not let this happen.
what else do you want from moggi? :rolleyes:. the guy already got Ibrahimovic. the only possibility of him coming to juve is if one of zlatan or trez (not DP) leaves next year.

STOP MOANING :totti:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    I don't think we really need Gila, not any time soon anyways.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
    We only might get gila if we sold Trez... Can't see that happening though...
    Exactly.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    Gilardino and Ibrahimovic would make a great future partnership, but Alberto isn't needed right now or next season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Gilardino and Ibrahimovic would make a great future partnership, but Alberto isn't needed right now or next season.
    Well of course, but that doesn't mean Alberto will not be a future player for Juventus. Maybe he will be in the Juventus books next summer, on loan to Fiorentina? Possiblities and hopes abound.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but all I'm saying is that with Zlatan, Alex and David, Gilardino isn't a necessity. Sure, we need someone better than Zalayeta to be Treze's back-up, but does paying 20m or more for a sub make sense? Sounds a bit like Ibrahimovic and Di Vaio some might say, but we really needed a striker when those two purchases were made.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    Kaka's brother, Digao is a defender. plays for Sao Paolo

if milan buys gilardino, i will jump out of my window :down:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

if milan buys gilardino, i will jump out of my window :down:
    Why? We have Zlatan :cool:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Gila is one of my favorite players and all, but I still want to see what he can do over the longer term. With Adriano's departure, he really came on to shine for Parma. But he has yet to put up that kind of productivity for a full season as a starter. Until then, he remains a relatively risky proposition.

It will be interesting to see how he makes it through a dry spell, for example -- which he might be entering right now, based on some of his more recent international performances.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    we could have Zlatan and Gilardino :sob:
    That won't happen unless we sell Del Piero or Trezeguet which won't happen therefore Zlatan and Gila won't happen :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)