Milan to intercept Mutu? (1 Viewer)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Milan to intercept Mutu?
Monday 30 June, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

European champions Milan could be set to pip Lazio to the signature of the highly rated Adrian Mutu.

The Parma player is a known target for the capital club but speculation suggests that the Rossoneri are very interested.

The Romanian had an excellent campaign last season and has been consistently linked with a move to Juventus.

But Milan are believed to have made an approach for the 24-year-old and have already made an offer.

Reports suggest that the Rossoneri have offered Jon Dahl Tomasson and cash in exchange for the player.

Mutu has stated that he is happy to remain at the Stadio Tardini but Parma will sell if a high enough bid is tabled.

Meanwhile, there is also the possibility that Milan’s Marco Borriello could move to Parma in exchange for Emiliano Bonazzoli.

Football Italia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's up with Milan? They want all the good stuff :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
Moggi have to do something... but we can't buy Mutu - we have no free places on the pitch... Maybe try to reserve Mutu for as for next year?

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think this move is highly unlikely unless Milan offers another player (like Jose Mari) that would fit-in in Parma .. Tomasson was signed as a free agent and as a result is being payed a huge salary that Parma wouldn't afford to pay half of it .. so I don't think Tomasson himself will agree to this switch even if the two clubs had an agreement together .. As for Mutu he would have to reluctantly accept the Milan bench after playing at a regular basis in Parma ..

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
imo he could replace inzaghi in the milan setup,both he and sheva are capable of scoring and inzaghi's not getting any older.

but i would hate to see him go to milan.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
I really hope he goes to Lazio

It might be true .. Mutu's agent hinted that it is possible that he joins Lazio .. the only stumbling block is the asking price that Parma want .. but once that is agreed he says that Mutu will agree terms with Lazio in less than 10 minutes ..

Lazio can only get the funds to sign Mutu if they sell Lopez AND Mendieta for a good price and get rid of their high salaries (especially Mendieta's) .. and in turn use those salaries to lure Adrian ..

Here is my prediction for Mutu's next destination:

Parma 40%
Lazio 30%
Milan 20%
Other 10%

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)