Milan sign Dhorasoo - report (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Milan sign Dhorasoo - report
Thursday 15 April, 2004

Media reports in France claim that Lyon’s Vikash Dhorasoo has agreed a two-year contract with Milan.

The 31-year-old will arrive on a free transfer, according to the L’Equipe newspaper, as his current deal with the French club expires in the summer.

Dhorasoo, who originates from Mauritius, has been a sensation at Lyon since his 1998 move from Le Havre.

The midfielder played a crucial role in his side’s League success last term where he was also voted as the club’s Player of the Season.

Lyon were keen to hold onto him but he’s decided to try out a new adventure after also being linked with Paris Saint Germain, Marseille and Arsenal.

Dhorasoo’s arrival will now probably lead to a Milan departure in midfield - with Fernando Redondo the favourite to leave as his contract is also up in June.

If the move is confirmed then Dhorasoo will become the eighth Frenchman to star for the Italian club.

The previous ones were: Nestor Combin, Jean-Pierre Papin, Bruno N’Gotty, Patrick Vieira, Christophe Dugarry, Ibrahim Ba and Marcel Desailly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
The fact that he is free probably made Milan bosses feel really good. Why not buy a player who is experienced and will be a great substitute? A 31 one year old will probably receive a low salary (and probably a much higher one than in Lyon).

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Dhorasoo denies Milan deal
Thursday 15 April, 2004

Lyon midfielder Vikash Dhorasoo has dismissed reports that he has agreed to join Italian giants Milan.

Stories in France this morning insist that the 31-year-old has penned a two-year contract with the San Siro outfit.

Yet the player maintains that is not true. "I will be leaving Lyon and the club are aware of that fact," he said.

"But I would like to add that I haven’t yet signed a contract with any other team that has come forward for me.

"I have received offers from three foreign sides but I have yet to make a decision on where to go.

"I want to take my time to consider the offers. But that isn’t as important as trying to win the League again with Lyon this season."

Dhorasoo will be available on a free transfer in the summer and it is believed that Arsenal are also interested.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Milan sign Dhorasoo - report

If the move is confirmed then Dhorasoo will become the eighth Frenchman to star for the Italian club .

The previous ones were: Nestor Combin, Jean-Pierre Papin, Bruno N’Gotty, Patrick Vieira, Christophe Dugarry, Ibrahim Ba and Marcel Desailly.
:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)