Milan player wins prestigious award (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Remind me again what Zagorakis did that was so great to earn 4th place? It's not like AEK won the league and even if they did, so what? They also went bankrupt and released Zagorakis on a free transfer where he was picked up by Bologna. And he captained Greece at Euro, that hardly stands up to Adriano, Carvalho, Van Nistelrooy or even Milan Baros in my eyes..

(?)

I'm not so sure Sheva deserved it for the past season exactly, it seems Deco's bio reads nicer. But among the top candidates, I would say he is by far the most deserving long term and thus he would definitely get it sooner or later so why not now..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Hmm.. Sheva or Henry would deserve it. I think probably henry more, cos he did score far more goals and have alot more impressive games. And to top the cake, an unbeaten season.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Sheva deserves it mainly because Greece won the Euro and you cannot possibly give it to any of their players no matter how much of a great achievement that was , also because the outstanding player on the planet, Ronaldinho, didnt win anything for his club.
Deco, did win the Cl, but lets face it , he is a player who does so little and does not dominate games and was a let down in the Euros
Henry is a player who will always be fantastic against little clubs, good against big clubs in the premiership , okay in the first rounds of big events but shite in the really crunch matches for both club and country.

If Barcelona wins the league next season, unless Ronaldinho is injured, he will win it 4 sure
ronnie deserved it. i dont see how sheva deserved it because greece won the euro. what kind of a connection is that to make??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++
why do you disrespect the epl?
I have one word that sums up everything EPL related (I know its a generalization, but this word applies to the EPL more than any other league)

Overrated

If anybody wants reason behind this notion, just ask. It would only be the 17th time which I have gone over this subject.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have been over this so many times, in so many different threads that I do not know where the posts are exactly. I think one is in the English football thread a few months back.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++

ronnie deserved it. i dont see how sheva deserved it because greece won the euro. what kind of a connection is that to make??
It means that they do not have a single player that would have won it as u may well know or probably do not, in the year of wc or European champs, the winner almost always comes from the winning team eg 82 Rossi italy w champs, 84 platini france euro champs, 86 Belanov and thats only becos argentina is not in Europe and to be honest not sure why Belanov won it, 88 MVB , Holland Euro champs, 90 Mattheus W Germany world champs. 92 MVb and thats only becos noone from Denmark warranted it, 94 Stiochkov mainly becos Brazil are in S. america and Hristo was leading goal scorer even if Barcelona was hammered 4-0 in the final in cl, 96 was Sammer cos Germany won, 98 was Zz cos France won wc , 2000 was Zz as France won Euros and 2002 was Ronaldo as Brazil won wc as now anyone playing in Europe irrespective of nationalty is eligible for it
Get it?

OP
Kaiser Franco
Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #52
    Correct denco, except that it was Figo who won it in 2000 ;) (probably because of his multi-million transfer to what was going to become "los galacticos" and for his excellent Euro)

Belanov won it in 86 for being the WC topscorer and winning the Cup Winners' cup with Dynamo Kiev I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)