Milan-Juventus (43 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Perhaps the best performance of the season, no doubt. To beat one of the best teams in the world, on their own sacred turf, is a great accomplishment no matter our standings in the table. However, this victory makes it even more sweeter considering just a few hours ago we were level with Milan on points, and now we regained our three point lead at the top of the table. We might not have had as convincing of a season as Milan this year, however when we faced off against each other we cleary came out on top.

The concentration level and fight our team displayed earlier in Milan was at the highest level all season. Everybody was thinking Juventus would come to Milan for a draw, sitting back for most of the match like we frustratingly did months ago in Turin, however we came out attacking Milan, forcing them to deal with our attacks on the wings. Milan must have been surprised we decided to attack them from the start, and when they saw Trezeguet finish the brilliant Del Piero cross they knew it was going to be a long night. Capello certainly got the better of Ancelotti on this occasion.

After the goal we started to sit back a bit, however it was good to see that we were still creating some chances against Milan, keeping them on their toes. In the second half we came very close to scoring again, however Milan had the better run of play for most of the second period. Our defense did a great job of forcing Milan to play out on the wing, something they are not entirely adept at. Emerson and Appiah were brilliant in stopping Kaka and Pirlo from getting involved with the match, and without those two Milan were running out of ideas. The overall display from our defense was great facing perhaps the "best overall team in the world." But what set us apart from the two was Capello's tactics in attacking Milan, our great level of concentration throughout the entire match, our forward's ability to finish off one of a few chances, and our spirit and determination to earn us a win. And yes, that win was well-deserved. Grazie Juventus.

As for the player reports, every single Juventus player out there served us proud, however..

Del Piero was really up for this match and without him we wouldn't have won. The way he set up Trezeguet's goal was pure class and he almost grabbed a goal for himself, striking the ball off the crossbar. Our Captain really stepped it up tonight and that was great to see, especially against our arch-rivals. :touched:

Trezeguet is one of the most natural finishers in football and he showed it today, scoring after weeks on the sideline with injury.

Emerson came back after injury as well and really played hard, shutting down the middle of the pitch, making Kaka and Pirlo have a rather unpleasant outting.

Camoranesi was supurb as well today really causing Maldini and Stam some problems. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious..

The entire defense was great tonight apart from a few mistakes in marking Shevchenko. Good thing the latter really had a tough time getting his shots on target.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

they usully laugh at us.
now we are going to laugh at them!!!!!!

:rofl:

you thought you could beat us??

hahahaha
Zlatan was banned.
Collina was choosen as the ref.
BUT
they didn't predict a super Juve.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
Guys guys.. I forgot something.. Did you see during the last minute when Serginho managed to go from the right into the box then Cannvaro made a fantastic ball intersetion!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW. Watch the video posted before about the highlights of the second half.. Its the last highlight.. AMAZING.. What a player.
He saved our bacon, as he has much of the season. You can fault Blasi for blowing his marking of Serginho, requiring Canna to come up big.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
What a win this is for Juve. As Andy said, to go to the San Siro and beat a team as good as this AC Milan team is a tremendous achievement and when the victory takes you three points clear at the top of the table with three games left to play it makes it that much sweeter.

The entire team played their hearts out and looked up for the game as individuals and a unit. We took the game to the home side and played with the necessary fighting spirit. We were definitely the better team in the first half and we defended resolutely in the second period while still managing to keep the Milan defenders thinking.

Buffon came up big when called upon even if he was only really tested by a few tricky crosses and an Inzaghi shot. 6.5

Pessotto had a good game as he defended well and tried to contribute to the attack as well. 6.5

Thuram was rock solid at the back. He led the backline once more and is my pick for man of the match. 8

Cannavaro was also very good in the centre of defence. He combined with Thuram to kill off whatever threat Ancelotti hoped Shevchenko, Tomasson and Inzaghi would pose. 7.5

Zambrotta put in another spirited performance. He showed true determination with his goal line clearance on Inzaghi and got forward to good effect in the first half particularly. 7

Camoranesi continues to prove that he is a crucial part of this Juventus team and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he is indeed one of the first names on Capello's team sheet every weekend. 6.5

Emerson was solid in midfield and did a wonderful job in shutting down Kaka. Well played. 6.5

Appiah was preferred to Blasi today and justified Capello's decision with a good performance. Keep it up. 6.5

Nedved put in a good honest shift. 6.5

Del Piero struggled in the first 20 minutes or so but gained confidence following his masterclass of an assist and was a completely different player after that. He tested Dida with a left footed effort and rattled the crossbar with a header as a goal was the only thing his performance lacked. Nice touches here and there and good passing. For once he didn't choke. 7

Trezeguet didn't do very much at all but got the all important goal. 6

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Capello was amazing during the whole game, he was so much involved in the action on the pitch with reactions and expressions. I did not see this side of Capello during the season, he was so much into the game :)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++
this is great.
i wish he starts loving juventus a little at least.....

like lippi loved us :down:
He is starting to get the vibes, didn't you see him in the pictures....he was fabulous

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
This is my 1st post after the great game tonight.

am really really happy, and can't describe my feelings....

Now for the games I got few points out here I'd like to say...

-I just don't wanna hear anyone here saying that they accept the Idea of selling Zambrotta, we all saw what a Player he is. Not even for 50m...

-I'd Like to Hail the great Captain Alessandro Del Piero for the wonderfull Assist (Double-Kick), Now I know alot of you here are sad because he performed AWESOME, but what to do this is Life...I'd like to hear those people bashing Alex.

FORZA GRANDE ALEX.

-Another question, why didn't Inzaghi get a Red Card for the thing he did to Thuram??? I just don't wanna hear the Milan fans Complaining about the Ref, INZAGHI should had been sent OFF....

-Another thing, I Salut Capello for the great Formation he chose Tonight, Putting Pessoto and Appiah and also Fielding the Old-School "Dp-Trezegoal"

FORZA JUVE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)