Milan-Juventus : the never-ending match (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm a bit surprised you put Del Piero forward as the best support striker to have ever played for either one of the two teams. While I fully agree, I know that a lot of people don't. And TBH I think Del Piero is one of the most underrated players ever.

In his best period I liked him better than Maradona. Agreed, Maradona is immense and singlehandedly led Argentina to the World Cup final, but Del Piero's technique is better than Maradona's. The way he chests the ball, the way he gently puts down a long ball... it's just so pretty.

I firmly believe that there has never been a football player who was more skilled than Alessandro Del Piero. I'm not talking about the person Del Piero, I'm not talking about what he has meant for Juventus, I'm not talking about the things he achieved for Italy, I'm merely talking about how Del Piero can/could handle a ball.

Feel free to disagree, but I have never admired a player that much. IMO Del Piero truly is/was an artist.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
I'm a bit surprised you put Del Piero forward as the best support striker to have ever played for either one of the two teams. While I fully agree, I know that a lot of people don't. And TBH I think Del Piero is one of the most underrated players ever.

In his best period I liked him better than Maradona. Agreed, Maradona is immense and singlehandedly led Argentina to the World Cup final, but Del Piero's technique is better than Maradona's. The way he chests the ball, the way he gently puts down a long ball... it's just so pretty.

I firmly believe that there has never been a football player who was more skilled than Alessandro Del Piero. I'm not talking about the person Del Piero, I'm not talking about what he has meant for Juventus, I'm not talking about what the things he achieved for Italy, I'm merely talking about how Del Piero can/could handle a ball.

Feel free to disagree, but I have never admired a player that much. IMO Del Piero truly is/was an artist.

Holy sheet. I agree with you.:eek:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

I firmly believe that there has never been a football player who was more skilled than Alessandro Del Piero. I'm not talking about the person Del Piero, I'm not talking about what he has meant for Juventus, I'm not talking about what the things he achieved for Italy, I'm merely talking about how Del Piero can/could handle a ball.

Save the Speech.

Dec 26, 2004

A lot of members will harshly critisize ya after such post.... don't count me among them man ;)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

I firmly believe that there has never been a football player who was more skilled than Alessandro Del Piero. I'm not talking about the person Del Piero, I'm not talking about what he has meant for Juventus, I'm not talking about the things he achieved for Italy, I'm merely talking about how Del Piero can/could handle a ball.

this is surly your best post ever ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)