Milan have hope of UEFA Cup place this season (1 Viewer)

salvatore_

May 16, 2006
An indirect mistake by the Italian sports Federal Appeal Court (CAF) has given Milan hope of their UEFA Cup place. The CAF punished AC Milan on Friday by ranking them eighth in last year's league table behind Empoli, a small club in Tuscany who would automatically gain the right to play in Europe for the first time in their history.

However, Empoli are currently not allowed to take part in any European competition because they do not have the necessary permit.

"At present Empoli Calcio are not licensed by UEFA and would not be able to take part in the UEFA Cup,'' a spokesman for AC Milan said yesterday. ''The possibility could therefore open up for Milan to take part in the 2006-07 UEFA Cup."

BERLUSCONI HAS PLAYED THIS ONE VERY WELL!:tdown:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
salvatore said:
An indirect mistake by the Italian sports Federal Appeal Court (CAF) has given Milan hope of their UEFA Cup place. The CAF punished AC Milan on Friday by ranking them eighth in last year's league table behind Empoli, a small club in Tuscany who would automatically gain the right to play in Europe for the first time in their history.

However, Empoli are currently not allowed to take part in any European competition because they do not have the necessary permit.

"At present Empoli Calcio are not licensed by UEFA and would not be able to take part in the UEFA Cup,'' a spokesman for AC Milan said yesterday. ''The possibility could therefore open up for Milan to take part in the 2006-07 UEFA Cup."

BERLUSCONI HAS PLAYED THIS ONE VERY WELL!:tdown:
:disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Some things never change. Milan has obviously learned nothing from Calciopoli and plans to do business as usual. :rolleyes2

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
swag said:
Some things never change. Milan has obviously learned nothing from Calciopoli and plans to do business as usual. :rolleyes2
Exactly,their behaviour is the same,they weren't punished as they deserved so they can continue with the same way of acting.

Geof

May 14, 2004
that's ridiculous. I hope everyone will cooperate to give Empoli their UEFA licence. If they're short on money, Juventus should loan them some, just for the sake of not seeing Milan in some European club this year. That would be ridiculous.

Btw, can't Milan play Intertoto? or is it too late for that?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Geof said:
that's ridiculous. I hope everyone will cooperate to give Empoli their UEFA licence. If they're short on money, Juventus should loan them some, just for the sake of not seeing Milan in some European club this year. That would be ridiculous.

Btw, can't Milan play Intertoto? or is it too late for that?
Intertoto is already underway. Belgian clubs have been cocking up so far

Geof

May 14, 2004
Erik-with-a-k said:
No, I follow Sporza
oh really. Well AA Gent is the only belgian club involved, it seems. Lost 2-1 in Grashoppers, they still have a good chance of making it through.

Villareal lost 1-2 to Maribor? Newcastle almost lost to Lillestrom? bwaha.

I've always considered INTERTOTO as a ridiculous cup. If you failed to qualify for Europe, at least try to have a good preparation for next season. Starting the competition around the 10th of July doesn't do any good for the end of the season...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Geof said:
oh really. Well AA Gent is the only belgian club involved, it seems. Lost 2-1 in Grashoppers, they still have a good chance of making it through.

Villareal lost 1-2 to Maribor? Newcastle almost lost to Lillestrom? bwaha.

I've always considered INTERTOTO as a ridiculous cup. If you failed to qualify for Europe, at least try to have a good preparation for next season. Starting the competition around the 10th of July doesn't do any good for the end of the season...
I completely agree. But I'll check the results if it's posted on sites like Sporza and there's nothing else going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)