Milan complete Kaka deal (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Chanell 4 - Football Italia

Rossoneri announce Kaka deal
Wednesday 13 August, 2003

The official Milan website has confirmed that Brazilian starlet Kaka will join the team next week.

“The agreement for the young talent appears to be in its closing stages,” read the statement.

“At the start of next week the player could be in Italy to sign the contract and complete a medical exam.”

The breakthrough occurred last night, when director Leonardo held talks with Kaka’s club Sao Paolo.

The Brazilian side’s President told the local press “the offer has been raised to £7m.”

21-year-old Kaka is a creative midfielder with a fierce shot from distance and recently made his name at the Gold Cup.

Also tracked by Real Madrid and Chelsea, Milan have been in negotiations for the player for several weeks.

It was thought that he would be loaned out to Paris Saint-Germain or even Parma for his first European season.

However, the official club statement suggests Kaka’ will begin his Serie A career with the Rossoneri in the 2003-04 campaign.

The continuing injury woes for Rivaldo, Andriy Shevchenko and Jon Dahl Tomasson apparently prompted this move.

Very good deal IMO. They are starting to lack creativity with Rivaldo's and Rui Costa's poor form and injuries, and Kaka has already shown he is a great talent and that he can be more than an adequate replacement in a year or two. They can also use him as a right winger, shifting Gatusso to the middle and, if neccessary, returning Pirlo to his original AMC position. And a wing where Kaka and Cafu play would be lethal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Isn't 7 million £ pretty cheap. I have only seen him in the WC. I can't remember if I saw him play really, but heis said to be a mega talent so 7 million sounds rather cheap.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    WEll players are going very cheap these days. Money is rather scarse, look at Quaresma's, Cristiano ROnaldo's, D'Alessandro's transfers, all were relatively cheap for players of their calibre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)