Milan are still better. (3 Viewers)

walu_ex

May 18, 2003
The Rossoneri made so much money last year in the CL, some eyebrows were raised when they failed to announce any new superstars this summer. Maybe they feel their team is strong enough to maintain their dominance... Juve, on the other hand, did some emergency spending... Suggesting perhaps that they were concerned about some sectors...Let's review some of these....

Appiah is a wonderful player, and I envy you guys for having two pitbulls in midfield. He might be your equivalent of Gattuso, but the juve midfield still lacks the creativity and spark that Milan can boast. The juve midfield has been significantly reinforced with this acquisition. Congratulations.

Legrottaglie will certainly add more strength and speed to the centre of your defence, his talent is undeniable but a defender at a big club needs composure, he's an excellent man marker, but he still needs to work very hard on his game. I wasn't too impressed by him in the Barcelona game.

Miccoli is okay. I would start him ahead of Alex. Many of you here won't admit it, but the Juve attack is quite .... I won't say it here. Del Piero, imho, should not be playing for the Azzuri.

With this team that you've got right now, it's obvious you're not trying to compete with us, Serie A refs and linesmen are yours, but you can't get all that help in Europe. :)

Cafu will be waiting for Nedved next time we play, that should be interesting.... You know, the guy who was stupid enough to get himself ruled out of the final.....i wonder what you guys will come up with when we demolish you with nedved playing all 90 minutes.

Anyways, to be brief, many consider you our top rivals, and i've very worried that you may not even be worthy. I know many of you admire the diavolo in secrecy. come out of the closet and reveal your true colours. Our superiority is going to last for a very very long time....Thanks to the coach you fired....

Buffon is by far the best Bianconero, and if anything ever happens to him, you'll transform into Udinese completely.

Buy on AliExpress.com

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
we had a great team last year and were better than milan... ok we lost in the final, but that was a single game - it still didn't change that we were better over the whole season - remember WE won the serie a!!!

i agree with u on appah and legro - the latter has to work hard on his play, but he has talent and when he's finally integrated in the juve-game he'ss be amazing...

miccoli is ok? are u mad man? this guy is amazing.... and who kicked him out of the youth team because of his height?? milan
hahaha
u kicked out one of the greatest talents and moggi discovered his talent and bought him from ternana - a genius transfer once again...
with him and camo we can add so much creativity to the game...
and hey u forgot maresca - wasn't he the best AM in italy last year (according to the newspapers)??

a team with miccoli, nedved, del piero, di vaio, maresca and camo doesn't lack of creativity...

last year we relied too much on nedved, but now we have much more options for our formations (see the formations-thread for more info)

we have so much depth now....
i think we should still buy a prima punta, but even now we're more than ok...

many of us admire the "diavolo" in secrecy? i hate milan from the bottom of my heart and i would never admire them....
i would never become a milan-fan - never ever...
berlusconi is ur president - so shame on u walu-ex - shame on u for support a club with a fraud as president....

buffon is great, yeah - but we have loads of players, who have the same class..

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
STOP

first of all it's clear to me that with nedved we would have won as with him we dominated real madrid, a better team than milan....

and u can't deny that we had bad-luck... lippi had to make two changes because injuries during the match...
+ one of them was davids, the best juve-player in the final...

and then the penalty-shootout, that is a lottery IMO..
we were poor in the penalties, but the penalties against barca showed that we can do it much better and that the shoot out in the final was pure bad luck....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Sorry Walu_ex, but you dont know jack shit about Juve.
I admire Milan but cocky posts like yours doesn't really help me like Milan any better.

Anyhow, let me enlighten you a bit about Juve. You seem to be in the dark because your head is overinflated.

The Rossoneri made so much money last year in the CL, some eyebrows were raised when they failed to announce any new superstars this summer. Maybe they feel their team is strong enough to maintain their dominance... Juve, on the other hand, did some emergency spending ... Suggesting perhaps that they were concerned about some sectors...Let's review some of these....
What do you mean Emergency Spending.
We hardly spent a dime this season.
All our acusations have been planned for a long time so i hardly call it emergency.

We Got Appiah for a couple of Mil + Blasi (who we already owned) + Loaning to Parma Brighi for another season.
We got already owned Miccoli.
We got Legro for a couple of Mil + the loan of 2 youngsters.
We got Maresca back from loan.

Miccoli, a defender, and Maresca was planned long ago. Also, Appiah was a target for Lippi since last Feburary!

In fact, we are still trying to find clubs for all the young talents we have.
Players like Carini and Athirson are still up for graps, but we dont want them at the mement because we really dont need them.

Appiah is a wonderful player, and I envy you guys for having two pitbulls in midfield. He might be your equivalent of Gattuso, but the juve midfield still lacks the creativity and spark that Milan can boast. The juve midfield has been significantly reinforced with this acquisition. Congratulations.
Thanks, too bad you dont have a Davids...you only have his Wannabe

Legrottaglie will certainly add more strength and speed to the centre of your defence, his talent is undeniable but a defender at a big club needs composure, he's an excellent man marker, but he still needs to work very hard on his game. I wasn't too impressed by him in the Barcelona game.
he needs time, but i see the potential.
nothing like good mid-aged defenders.

Miccoli is okay. I would start him ahead of Alex. Many of you here won't admit it, but the Juve attack is quite .... I won't say it here. Del Piero, imho, should not be playing for the Azzuri.
this really shows what you know.
you of all teams should know Miccoli better. besides him playing in your youth team, he also scored a beautiful goal against you guys last season.

With this team that you've got right now, it's obvious you're not trying to compete with us, Serie A refs and linesmen are yours, but you can't get all that help in Europe.
[/QUOTE
i'll try to ignore this Rude statement.
Oh, if all teams were as innocent as Milan :angel: :rolleyes:

Cafu will be waiting for Nedved next time we play, that should be interesting.... You know, the guy who was stupid enough to get himself ruled out of the final.....i wonder what you guys will come up with when we demolish you with nedved playing all 90 minutes.
Cafu passed his prime and buying him doesn't really show that milan has long-term planing.

Anyways, to be brief, many consider you our top rivals, and i've very worried that you may not even be worthy . I know many of you admire the diavolo in secrecy. come out of the closet and reveal your true colours. Our superiority is going to last for a very very long time....Thanks to the coach you fired....
I dont see how you guys rate yourself so high when you can't even be consistant enough to beat teams regular serie A teams!!
The only good part of Milan's last season was the first couple of months. after that you faded as fast as your heads got inflated with false pride.
1-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-0, is all i can remember from Milan. not to mention that you passed the Semis without even beating inter!

Buffon is by far the best Bianconero, and if anything ever happens to him, you'll transform into Udinese completely.
Buffon is indeed great, but your comments above makes the last statement completely unoffensive....
all i could say is, get your nose back down where it belongs and know about a team before you register in their forums!

BTW, what do you call a team where one of the world's best players can't find his form?!! (rivaldo :rolleyes: )

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Walu_ex, i think you better start watching juve before you start making comments.

i think the best statement is the cafu playing on nedved. i hope he does actually, because Cafu will be lining up as a defensive midfielder since nedved plays behind the strikers for juve.

but i suppose you didnt know that?

adding Pancaro and Cafu to your squad isnt great. You still have no back ups for Nesta or Maldini, except an average Roque Junior and Laurson who isnt anything great.

and with the addition of Miccoli in the juve sqaud, along with maresca, juve does have cover for nedved and we do have creativity.

And your statements about Del Piero dont leave you with much credibility in terms of football knowledge.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Some of the posts were really long so I did not read them all ;)

Here are my thoughts:

1) The thread's title says 'Milan are still better'. Umm sorry but Milan were never better in the first place. A team cannot be judged on just one performance, but on a whole season. Juve were clearly the better team last year, more consistent than milan for sure. If we had to judge on one game, than Milan shouldn't have even been in the final with the games they played against Ajax and Inter :rolleyes:

2) You say Juve did some emergency spending? Huh? I see no revolution. They only increased the depth of the team by buying Appiah (a player to give some breath to the central midfielders) and Legrottaglie (a player to give some breath to the central defenders). Miccoli was just recalled from loan cos he was already in the plans of the club since 2 seasons ago. He's far better than just 'ok'....maybe you forgot that 'ok' goal he scored against you from 35metres?

3)
Many of you here won't admit it, but the Juve attack is quite .... I won't say it here. Del Piero, imho, should not be playing for the Azzuri.
That is actually the only part I agree with you ;)

4) Cafu is a crap purchase. Last year he was crap and he's just declining now. He's a finished player.

5)
Anyways, to be brief, many consider you our top rivals, and i've very worried that you may not even be worthy.
Wrong. You are our top rivals not us to you. We are the hot favourites for the league and one of the top favourites for the CL. You guys will always be in our shadow.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
You started the post well but ended it miserably :rolleyes:

++ [ originally posted by walu_ex ] ++
Our superiority is going to last for a very very long time....
I highly doubt that .. most of your players (Maldini, Rivaldo, Billy, Cafu, Pancaro, Redondo, Serginho, and many others) are 30+ which means only a couple more seasons for them ..

You forgot about Nedved - by far best player of the season - as well as other players like Davids, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Del Piero, Thuram, and Ferrara (who played one of his best seasons) ..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah good point dpforever. Most of Milan's players are over or nearing 30.

Dida, Maldini, Cafu, Rui Costa, Rivaldo, Costacurta, Pancaro, Redondo, Serginho are all over 30. Inzaghi is gonna be 30 in a month.

People say our team is old, but it's most the defence for us. When you check out the core of Milan players, it's more or less all the team that is 30 or close.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
Milan's fans are really pathetic. Going to other teams forum bluffing how good their team is and we'll beat you bla bla bla...with really crappy analysis...

Here are a few advice for you, walu_ex:

1. Go somewhere else where people would actually agree what you're saying despite how childish your comments are. For instance, any Milan fan sites. People there are about the same level as you.

2. Or do some serious research before you open your big mouth again.

3. Pray hard

4. Stop making a fool of yourself. Get a life.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Walu_Ex offcourse your right :rolleyes:

Please contact me at...

Western Missouri Mental Health Center
600 E. 22nd
Kansas City, MO 64108
816-556-3000

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
Walu_Ex offcourse your right :rolleyes:

Please contact me at...

Western Missouri Mental Health Center
600 E. 22nd
Kansas City, MO 64108
816-556-3000
he wouldn't even pass their entrance exam :wallbang: :D

;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Whats is the point to say offensively that Milan is better than Juve, in a JUve forum??

come on, what was you waiting for?, that we were like "o yeah now with your post we have seen the truth, milan is better".

Please.

IMO, both teams are very balanced, if they will win or not, i dont know, maybe Legro and Cia are not still in the mood, but if we fail here, i will be evry sure it willnot happen again in the season.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The Rossoneri made so much money last year in the CL, some eyebrows were raised when they failed to announce any new superstars this summer. Maybe they feel their team is strong enough to maintain their dominance... Juve, on the other hand, did some emergency spending... Suggesting perhaps that they were concerned about some sectors...Let's review some of these....

With this team that you've got right now, it's obvious you're not trying to compete with us, Serie A refs and linesmen are yours, but you can't get all that help in Europe. :)

Anyways, to be brief, many consider you our top rivals, and i've very worried that you may not even be worthy. I know many of you admire the diavolo in secrecy. come out of the closet and reveal your true colours. Our superiority is going to last for a very very long time....Thanks to the coach you fired....

Yo champ,
Its funny how being a Milan fan, you come out on a Juve forum and post all your insecurities. But let me start of by saying one thing, yes you are right when you praise our signings. But please realise, sooner rather than later, these are nething but emergency buys. Your team doesnt understand this system. Its called creating stars, not buying them. This is where we buy young talent and nurture them in to stars, instead of buying players who limp off after their presentation ceremony is over.
Milan beat Juve at Old trafford!!! And how? Despite being in top form, Milan needed penalties to beat a badly off form Juve. What does that tell you?? Your own team couldnt believe they actually outplayed Juve for much of the 90 minutes. But thats besides the point. Coming back to the issue, you say Alex doesnt deserve to be in the national team starting line up!! Then who does? Pippo Inzaghi!!?!?!? lol!!! Dude I'm sorry to break it to you, but your superpippo has already spent his best years at Juve, not to mention in the national team. So instead of wasting time writing all this, really you should be praying superpippo gets another shot at being a substitute in the Azzuri! Oh and about that coach we fired, we're as happy about the decision as you are. And yes, your worried about us not being a suitable rival for you. Of course, i agree with you. With your already old players getting another year older, the only competition your going to be getting is from Bologna. So dont worry. Ahh and Buffon - the best bianconero? That would be the perfect explanation as to how we are the top scorers in the league, again. Lets talk for a moment now about your top purchase this season. Imo he seems to already be over the top. Cafu. Really you need to ask yourself and your fellow Rossoneri what you'll are thinking? Because frankly, he's only going to support your cause for half a season after which old age or injury may take their toll. But that's pretty good considering the alternatives you'll have. Btw ive got to ask, what superiority are you talking about?? You surely must mean, your superiority over Piacenza and Como. Because, getting to the final of the CL, you guys couldnt even beat Inter. See now, thats why they call football a funny game.
So make sure you do enjoy the Supercoppa on August 3rd. Coz it'll be quite interesting to see how you demolish us with your backline that may have to be hospitalized during the game due to their old age. While you might even see poor Gattuso running after the Juve midfield and screaming " God, where have all the cowboys gone"? Oh and it may even go to penalties where Dida, will stop the ball from going in to the net even though he'll jump the wrong way again!!!!! And will not know what hes doing again!!!!!But he'll still manage thanks to his long legs and arms, which belong in the forest with the other trees!!!It will surely be fun, dont miss it.
Please do take this msg back to the forum (or planet) that you came from. Yes, Milan beat Juve in the CL final. But does that make them better? The answer - No. Why? Because unlike sex, football needs more than 1 night to prove performance!!! And the only logical and sane way you can check a team's performance and consistency is after a 34 game season. And when I last checked that. Milan had finished 3rd, one place behind Inter. While Juve? They finished up champions......AGAIN! I dont think ne of the Milan players even remember when they finished champions of Italy last? Old age can be such a *****.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
LOL Cafu waiting for nedved, is the other way dude WERE WAITING FOR HIM AND THE REST OF MILAN TO GIVE THEM WHAT THEY NEED!! just wait until sunday k.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I still think Cafu has little bit left in him. The reason he struggled, IMO, was that he lost his pace and in Roma system he was asked cover huge area of field. Since Milan doesn't push their defenders too much (Which is mistake because they play very narrowly in the first place) I think he can perform adequately for a short term. If you can't find good long term replacement at this moment then it isn't too bad to buy a short term replacement "provided" that you have a clear plan for the future (Which is the doubtful bit;)).

I also think despite the age of many Milan players, the core of the team, is actually younger than ours. Gatusso, Nesta, Sheva, Pirlo, Kaladze, are all younger than Davids, Thuram, Del Piero(I know you will never agree, Zizou.;)) and Nedved. Only Buffon is relatively young. That is why we "had" to purchase young talented players like Appiah, Legro, Maresca, Miccoli. Not only they give immediate depth we don't have right now, but they will become starting member if they continue their development.

However, at the end of day, team with most win is better team and last year Juve proved it by winning lo Scudetto. Maybe, Milan's ultra talented team chocked, but the matter of fact is we won the league. So argue as much as you like but we are better.;).
One factor I do fear is that Milan squad will be for the first time in recent years, relatively stable, and still maintained their depth. If they can add a winger or two, I think they are still major obstacle to our "third" title.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)