Miguel Veloso (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well a lot of Portuguese players disappeared in the Euros, even everyone's favorite Ronaldo. Moutinho's job in the Euros was to get the ball to Ronaldo and Deco to let them hog it all up, and he did fine at that. I've seen him do better at Sporting further up the pitch.

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
In what way does he lack personality, and what does that even mean in the context of a footballer?

On the contrary, when it comes to character, he has shown impeccable maturity and leadership for a young player (I mean, how common is it you not only become captain in that age, but play as a leader since your early debute?), quite professional and hardworking who showed he pull his own weight from teenage years up to now.

And Boksic, Moutinho is a CM and a holding DM(regista) even if you will, not too offensive at all to play in central mid in 4-4-2. He has strong work ethic defensively and is creative at the same time. Dont know where you got that he is a some offensive AM who is a liability defensively.
Actually his preferred position is center attacking midfielder. On Portugal he played as more of a DM only because his job was to fill up Maniche's past role, by coming in late. He was more of a box-to-box player defending and attacking like Vieira does for France.

Although, Moutinho prefers to play more up-front like Deco. "He has strong work ethic defensively and is creative at the same time." That's true. But, I don't really think the Italian league would suit Moutinho..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Everybody always says so and so player wouldn't suit the league, or this player wouldn't work in Serie A, and so forth. Much of that is just a bunch of crap really, especially the stuff we heard about small players not being able to handle the rough game in Italy.

Same people who said no to Rosicky because he was small are saying Giovinco will be great despite him being small. Same old tosh.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just the way he plays, I can't really explain it I just don't think it would suit him. I'd love to see him prove me wrong though.
Ofcourse you cant explain it, you pulled it out of your ass.

He is not overly physical hustle and bustle Icelandic player more suited to Northern european football or english football. He is a a typical creative midfielder of southern europe, Portuguese and Italian football are more or less the same offensively. He is not someone unique, just a typical creative midfielder of the mould we are used to.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Wow, you're really on a role today. First Hamsik, now this, got anymore orders up your sleeve?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
No Veloso for Juve

Juventus chief Giovanni Cobolli Gigli insists that the Old Lady have pulled out of the race for Portuguese midfield starlet Miguel Veloso.

The Sporting Lisbon ace is hoping for a move to a bigger club this summer and had been a target for Milan.

The Portuguese Press insisted last week that Juve had taken the lead in the race for Veloso’s signature with a part-exchange bid including Tiago Mendes and the player’s agent claimed that he had “a 50 per cent chance” of joining the Bianconeri

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
According to some media his agent could arrive to Turin soon.

:eyebrows:

Juventus, in settimana nuovo incontro per Veloso
06.07.2008 16.30
Entra nel vivo la trattiva tra lo Sporting Lisbona e la Juventus circa il talentuoso centrocampista Miguel Veloso. La prossima settimana, infatti, il procuratore del giocatore, Pablo Barbosa, incontrerà in Italia la dirigenza bianconera per provare a dare la svolta decisiva al trasferimento.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
NOW this rumour worries me more then Stanko one, because even if I rate Veloso quite a bit, it would confirm 100% that Xabi wont be coming (same position, and big money move like Xabi). While a Stanko deal wouldnt cancel out Xabi at all, just be a seperate one which allows Xabi to be signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)