Miguel in London too??? (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Andreas Hinkel, Carles Puyol, and Daniel Bonera.
Imo

Hinkel=Risky but could be a big hit

Puyol=undoubted class, but very expensive.

Bonera= Imo a messy defender, who at times can be strong, but at others jus completely mess up. Could work if we could develope his game more.

My option?? iirc Jan Kromkamp (dont think ive spelt it right) of AZ Alkmaar was class, bucket loads of pace. Imo he worked intellegently and athletically going forward and worked hard defensively....my outsiders choice for hte role.

Sumo_Basho

Feb 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

Imo

Hinkel=Risky but could be a big hit

Puyol=undoubted class, but very expensive.

Bonera= Imo a messy defender, who at times can be strong, but at others jus completely mess up. Could work if we could develope his game more.

My option?? iirc Jan Kromkamp (dont think ive spelt it right) of AZ Alkmaar was class, bucket loads of pace. Imo he worked intellegently and athletically going forward and worked hard defensively....my outsiders choice for hte role.
Totally agree.Kromkramp would be a great signing,he has pace,can handle defensive & offensive duties with ease, aswell as provide great crosses.Would be relatively cheap (£5m?),compared to Puyol,and even Bonera would cost a fair bit. Still think Miguel would be a decent signing,although im just going by his Euro 2004 performances.

However the most likely transfer is Bonera,seeing one of Tudor,Chiumiento,Oliviera or Zayaleta going the opposite way... Probably Zalayeta since Parma are needing a new striker.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
What!? Puyol. I used to rate him but he is such a sketchy defender at the back. He never looks relaxed EVER! too rash for us.

No Bonera pls!!

Jul 28, 2002
puyol may never look relaxed, but his is lion like in defence....top class defender for me, probably the best defensive right bakc in the world.

Dan10

Mar 15, 2005
Zalayeta key to Miguel capture
Football Italia

Juve’s bid for Benfica defender Luis Miguel could take a decisive turn if Marcelo Zalayeta is included in the deal, claim reports.

The Bianconeri have long been tracking the 25-year-old right-back and face competition from the likes of Inter and Real Madrid for his signature.

It’s now suggested that the Portuguese club would favour a straight swap deal with hitman Zalayeta instead of demanding a cash sum.

The move would also suit Zalayeta, as the Uruguayan striker has requested a transfer so that he can play more first team football.

Juventus would not be too down heartened at losing the squad player, as they are already have Adrian Mutu, David Trezeguet, Alessandro Del Piero and Zlatan Ibrahimovic for that role.

Zalayeta rarely played from the start during his time in Turin, but scored some crucial goals, most notably extra time winners in the Champions’ League against Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, Inter have officially confirmed that Francesco Coco has left the Brunico training camp in order to negotiate his move to another club. It’s claimed that a deal with Dutch giants Ajax is imminent.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Too bad that Zala has to be used in the exchange, I would prefer Miccoli though. But then exchanging Zala with Miguel seems like a good deal for me, becos Zala would be playing 1st team football and we got a quality right back.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Too bad that Zala has to be used in the exchange, I would prefer Miccoli though. But then exchanging Zala with Miguel seems like a good deal for me, becos Zala would be playing 1st team football and we got a quality right back.
I'm not sure that Miccoli would accept a move to Benfica anyways.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Puyol may be nearly unbeatable man-on and a great defensive guardian and leader, but when it comes to reading passes and predicting attacks he's pretty mediocre.He doesn't have a great defensive mind like Maldini or Nesta do, but fills the physical aspect of it better than most.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Puyol may be nearly unbeatable man-on and a great defensive guardian and leader, but when it comes to reading passes and predicting attacks he's pretty mediocre.He doesn't have a great defensive mind like Maldini or Nesta do, but fills the physical aspect of it better than most.
Puyol is a stalwart of Barca's defense and is in all likelihood untransferable as far as they're concerned.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I'm not sure that Miccoli would accept a move to Benfica anyways.
Though anything has to be better, for all parties involved, than having him stay at Juve to eat a whole season of crow on the bench. :frown:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Ideally, he should go to Roma for our intended targets. If not, then I'd pick Palermo for a Zaccardo/Barzagli deal. But using him for C.Zanetti has to be one of the worst trades in Moggi's illustrious career.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
it seems that miguel is destined to be at juve...
Juve-Miguel al traguardo (Ts)
Martedì, 02 agosto @ 10:18:32 CEST

Moggi propone 750mila euro per il prestito ma punta al parametro zero. C'è già l'accordo col giocatore.

Jue-Miguel
MOggi has offered 750mila euro for the loan of the player but he is looking to get him for free. THERE IS ALREADY AN AGREEMENT WITH THE PLAYER

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
it seems that miguel is destined to be at juve...
Juve-Miguel al traguardo (Ts)
Martedì, 02 agosto @ 10:18:32 CEST

Moggi propone 750mila euro per il prestito ma punta al parametro zero. C'è già l'accordo col giocatore.

Jue-Miguel
MOggi has offered 750mila euro for the loan of the player but he is looking to get him for free. THERE IS ALREADY AN AGREEMENT WITH THE PLAYER
I saw that too... I hope he will come..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)