Miguel in London too??? (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
Cannavaro Fine? Just Fine?
Indeed. Cannavaro is not a dominating force that can really put the stops on the attack. He is however, very good working in a defensive system.

We all thought Thuram was over last year;)
Exactly. We all know that Thuram is going to go wrong at some point. I'd rather not revisit the Montero episode. We need to have a younger, faster replacement for Thuram this year otherwise we leave ourselves exposed to Thuram's poor form when it comes.

I don't think Zebina is a poor quality, he was great last year untill this Injury ruin it.
Zebina isn't good enough to be Juve's starting right back. For that matter, niether is Miguel.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Exactly. We all know that Thuram is going to go wrong at some point. I'd rather not revisit the Montero episode. We need to have a younger, faster replacement for Thuram this year otherwise we leave ourselves exposed to Thuram's poor form when it comes.
my sentiments exactly.
Zebina isn't good enough to be Juve's starting right back. For that matter, niether is Miguel.
who is then?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

We already were exposed to Thuram's weak form in the Liverpool and Fiorentina matches, along with some others.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

We already were exposed to Thuram's weak form in the Liverpool and Fiorentina matches, along with some others.
This is where Rob "The Man" Kovac plays a role :)

arc

Mar 11, 2004
i would like miguel to join us, but if we r goin to buy him, we should have given arsenal zebina in the vieria deal

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
i would like miguel to join us, but if we r goin to buy him, we should have given arsenal zebina in the vieria deal

Its not worth it...

Zebina is tall,maybe can tackle and has played italian football for a coupla of years and know how to adjust but miguel doesn't

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003

Indeed. Cannavaro is not a dominating force that can really put the stops on the attack. He is however, very good working in a defensive system.

Hey,
ok,then tell who Juve needs?
which defenders?what Juve needs to do to satisfy you?
i mean seriously,who we need to sign from your point of view?

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
From Benfica and Portugal. I think that this season Zebina was one of our weak spots in the formation. And Miguel won't do it better. My best solution is Oddo. He has experience, a good rush and is also good in defending. Another option is Bonera but he is maybe to young.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Miguel paves way for move

Portuguese defender Miguel is reported to have cancelled his contract with Benfica to enable him to move on for free.

The highly-rated full back is regarded as one of the best defenders in Europe and has attracted the interest of a host of clubs.

Miguel has been locked in a dispute with Benfica over his future with the player keen to move on.

Despite Benfica claiming Miguel has a contract with the club until 2008 it is believed that the contract is invalid because the player's agents claim the deal is missing a signature.

This has now allowed the defender to leave on a free transfer and Benfica have let him go for nothing as long he does not join another club in Portugal.

The news is sure to alert a number of clubs to Miguel's availability and a massive transfer scramble is sure to ensue.

Juventus are believed to be leading the chase for Miguel and have made moves to sign the player.

With Miguel now available on a free transfer he is sure to be an attractive proposition for many clubs and the news could see the likes of Valencia, Liverpool, Manchester United and Newcastle rekindle their interest in the 25-year-old.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #59
    he's free but if benfica win their appeal at UEFA the team/player will have to pay up.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Despite a lot of dismissals here, I think he'd be a great addition -- all the better if we can get him on the cheap too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)