Might as well start talking about a new keeper... (1 Viewer)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'd say Abbiati is a decent option. He may not be the best keeper out there, but I can live with him on the first eleven, for a few months.

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
I think its a nice geusture by milan to loan him to us for a year, it shows that they are sorry about what happened to buffon, and abbiati isnt that bad its just he hasnt had much playing time recently, i think and hope that he will be a success with Juventus

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++
19-year Buffon made his debut in Squadra Azzurra in 1997 replacing injured Pagliuca on the 20th minute of the game against Russia. I've watched that game and Gigi was magnificient. Thanks to his magical saves in hard snowy conditions Italy played 1-1.
Now it's Pagliuca's turn to come in and replace Buffon.
I remember the saves!I think that Zola scored against Rushians then.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Good move for everyone. Well, I hope so, Juve is taking the biggest risk but I hope Abbiati shows his abilities in best possible way. Milan got a premier display window on what they have for sale. Abbiati gets playing time in one of the greatest clubs in the world and if he succeeds his market value will rise as well as the number of interested clubs I'd guess. Abbiati himself has a possibility to prove the world (and Lippi) of his quality. Well, then Juve - potentially a great keeper who's not had that much playing time in last 12 months.

Welcome Abbiati and take everything out of this possibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)