Midfield situation (24 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ferrara already said that the only definite aspect of his formation is that he will play a back four.
Yes we are aware of that but our lame side defenders and the midfield quality that we have in addition to wingers like De Ceglie, Camo and Sali, a 3 man defence can work in our favour.

Usually I am against a 3-man defence but we ended up with a squad that can function really well with such a formation.

Buffon
Caceres Cannavaro Chiellini
Camoraneso Melo Marchisio De Ceglie
Diego
Amauri Del Pier (C)​

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The team is built for a 4-3-1-2, so at least give that formation time to fail before going to to speak about changing shape.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
But there is not much difference in these two formations, the 3-4-1-2 is just filtering out our weakest links.
are we really though? because as far as i'm concerned our central defenders are all average. Every single one of them. Chiellini is still inconsistent.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
but that's not saying much.

but I do think the Marchisio-Melo Sissoko combination is good enough to our protect that defense from being overly raped.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
but that's not saying much.

but I do think the Marchisio-Melo Sissoko combination is good enough to our protect that defense from being overly raped.
Sissoko will be back in four months, if he comes back.

If the central midfielders are to work to protect a weak defence we will lose much on the attack.

If we are to play Melo - Marchisio - Sissoko we will also lose a lot on the passing.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
when you said we would lose out in passing if we play Marchisio--Sissoko- and Melo in midfield. Di you mean if we play them in 4-3-1-2 or your 3-5-2?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Of course I meant in the 4-3-1-2. If you want those three to protect the defenders, you would lose automatically on passing. Especially when you're not fielding good passers like Camo or Tiago to be able to cover for defensive problems.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I don't know, I just said it :D Well it's been a while he's out and it looks like it's taking much more time that expected, then comes the fasting and afterwards the African cup. It's as if we don't have him with us.
Yes but then he will come back. What sort of condition he'll be in is another matter though.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Of course I meant in the 4-3-1-2. If you want those three to protect the defenders, you would lose automatically on passing. Especially when you're not fielding good passers like Camo or Tiago to be able to cover for defensive problems.
How man good passers do we exactly need though? is Melo and Diego not enough? tbh I'd rather a player that can push with the ball and attack with the ball at his feet (Sissoko) than some one that can pass the ball (Tiago)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How man good passers do we exactly need though? is Melo and Diego not enough? tbh I'd rather a player that can push with the ball and attack with the ball at his feet (Sissoko) than some one that can pass the ball (Tiago)
:shifty:

Sissoko is haphazard when it comes to the controlling the ball at his feet. At least Tiago can control the ball for the most part.

But shouldn't be about comparing these two players. No doubt Soaker will start next to Melo... all that's up for discussion is who plays on the right side of Melo. Tiago, Camo and Marchisio all provide different characteristics.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I wouldn't be so convinced that Momo is a certain starter...we have no idea what Ciro will think of him and his role in the team

Jun 13, 2007
I love the fact that we could afford playing a completely different midfield and yet experience very little drop in quality. That's exactly what we have been lacking these past years.

--Marchisio---Tiago---Sissoko---

-----------------Diego------------

Camo-------Melo------Poulsen

-----------Giovinco----------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)