Midfield situation (38 Viewers)

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
Jajaja very true!

Sorry I didn't explain myself well, I was trying to say that Camoranesi is capable of playing at a great level since he was able to be a starter in a great Italy squad in 2006 and won against the best of the best. Do you think his age is starting to take a toll on him?

I think Barzagli is good, and I don't remember much about Zaccardo, that Bundesliga title was special since Bayern has a huge budget compared to the rest of teams and Wolfsburgo is not precisely a big team, they had a great brazilian striker I remember from watching highlights.

Here it is:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
They both won the German League with Wolfsburg at the first time of asking..they are not bad..
They were overrated as fuck at Palermo.

I'm so glad we didn't waste money on those two neanderthals.

Lots of crap players have won trophies at teams before. Doesn't mean jack shit.

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
They were overrated as fuck at Palermo.

I'm so glad we didn't waste money on those two neanderthals.

Lots of crap players have won trophies at teams before. Doesn't mean jack shit.
:shifty: so they were overrated...part of world cup as well as winning with a team like Wolfsburg first time...in a different league...I think a correlation can be established between their worth and their wins.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And even before those two dolts went to Wolfsburg, you still had motherfuckers in here saying they were fantastic, just because they won the World Cup and made the Azzurri squad.

It's all nonsense. Zaccardo didn't even play much anyway in his first season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:shifty: so they were overrated...part of world cup as well as winning with a team like Wolfsburg first time...in a different league...I think a correlation can be established between their worth and their wins.
Another flimsy argument based on statistics.

Zaccardo and Barzagli didn't even play much in the WC, and when the former did, he was garbage. The former also only had a handful of appearances in Germany last season.

You don't even have a sufficient number of "N's" for your statistical analysis to be meaningful.

They're overrated Azzurri fan trash, that's what they are. Only reason why you hear about them is because Azzurri fans can't stop getting their dicks hard over their "winning squad", no matter the player.

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
Another flimsy argument based on statistics.

Zaccardo and Barzagli didn't even play much in the WC, and when the former did, he was garbage. The former also only had a handful of appearances in Germany last season.

You don't even have a sufficient number of "N's" for your statistical analysis to be meaningful.

They're overrated Azzurri fan trash, that's what they are. Only reason why you hear about them is because Azzurri fans can't stop getting their dicks hard over their "winning squad", no matter the player.
I'm not a huge fan of either guys but to say they are terrible when they have been part of good teams as well as winning trophies cannot be ignored. If they were as bad as it is described here they would be in serie B...Some of you go overboard in trying to make your point.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not a huge fan of either guys but to say they are terrible when they have been part of good teams as well as winning trophies cannot be ignored. If they were as bad as it is described here they would be in serie B...Some of you go overboard in trying to make your point.
It's because there are too many fucking retards here who don't watch players and simply say, "ohhhh, they won the Peace Cup, they must be good."

It's annoying as hell. Barzagli and Zaccardo are not good players, and certainly not even close to being upgrades to even a Grygera and Mellberg.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:lol2:

Zaccardo and Barzagli float to surface again?

No matter how much you flush they still appear.
I find that sometimes it's helpful if you use the brush before you flush... just to break it down a little bit... it's more manageable that way...

Still, let's not forget that Zaccardo was the only player in the '06 WC who managed to score from open play on a supremely talented keeper. Strange, but despite his immense contribution to that squad, for some reason Zaccardo never played for La Nazionale again after that match...

It's a beauty... right around 0:28...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It's very beautiful.

Too bad the match was ruined for us because of the stupid referee.

De Rossi is a major piece of shit.
:D

I knew you'd like that goal, buddy.

Yeah, that was a pretty vicious elbow by DDR, no doubt... suspension warranted, 100%. I can't believe that the WC is already less than a year away... time fucking flies...

Looking forward to seeing your boys make an impression, too... it's a little hard to admit, but at this point in time, what's good for the USA is good for Canada, in the realm of footie (plus, half my family is American, so I show love... on occasion...:p)

Anyway, I'm on vacation in the gulf islands (canadian edition) and I'm off to enjoy the sun! Fucking spectacular here!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
It is always healthy to have world class players at your disposal but I'm afraid having too many players for the same position mostly wouldn't help much. At least that's the case in Football.

It creates lots of tension I'm afraid (Some of you now will say, competing for a spot is good for the team... IMO it's not, it brings nothing but headache to the squad, players and coach if you have several players for the same position)

Take a look at this

Tiago, Zanetti, Marchisio, Sissoko, Poulsen, Camoranesi, Melo, Salihamidzic and Almiron??. Keeping apart Giovinco because we don't know how he'll be used under Ferrara.

If Ferrara plans to use 3man midfield, this means 4 players will be left out. Selling two of them would be better than keeping them IMHO.

I would sell Tiago for sure.
3 midfileders with Diego playing front of them. Camoranesi is an absolute starter, that leaves two spots for Tiago, Zanetti , Marchisio, Sissoko, Poulsen, Melo, Almiron and even Salihamidzic. This is so fucked up.

We need to get rid of 3 players at least, imo, they should be Tiago, Poulsen and Almiron. Almiron is not need at all, Poulsen is already transfer listed, Tiago should also go, yes there is a slight improvement, but he still makes errors, those errors are not as bad as last year's because he plays more attacking (errors of defenders and keepers cost more than attackers, that's what I am trying to say), he might be good next season, but if there are/were offers like the board claimed, it is stupid to keep him after two miserable seasons he had, also not forget his wages are high too..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)