Midfield situation (29 Viewers)

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
It was bound to happen.
Of course. Do u think its ok to bench Gio and play Tiago? He has the biggest talent out there. Use him and give him the fucking chance. I dont care what kind of a legend Ciro is. It is up to him give Giovinco the chance to become the WC player everybody is waiting for and if that doesnt happen then he has failed like Ranieri did.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
My opinion on Tiago, and mine on Giovinco should be quite evident, but may I ask what the fuck have Giovinco and Tiago have to do with eachother?

Its like you would say, fuck Ciro for playing Molinaro and benching Trez. I dont see the relevant part of it?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Of course. Do u think its ok to bench Gio and play Tiago? He has the biggest talent out there. Use him and give him the fucking chance. I dont care what kind of a legend Ciro is. It is up to him give Giovinco the chance to become the WC player everybody is waiting for and if that doesnt happen then he has failed like Ranieri did.
It is up to Ferrara to make Juve win, with or without using Giovinco.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
My opinion on Tiago, and mine on Giovinco should be quite evident, but may I ask what the fuck have Giovinco and Tiago have to do with eachother?

Its like you would say, fuck Ciro for playing Molinaro and benching Trez. I dont see the relevant part of it?
Cuz he is giving shit player like Tiago the chance and one of the biggest talents out there, Giovinco, is going to end up on the bench behind Diego and Del Piero.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Of course. Do u think its ok to bench Gio and play Tiago?
:disagree:

:agree:

Playing Tiago has absalutely nothing to do with Gio.

Personaly i think if we keep all our attackers (trez, Iaq and amauri) next season, we won't see much of Gio. One of these attackers must be sold so that ferrara can give a bigger chance to Gio next season.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Cuz he is giving shit player like Tiago the chance and one of the biggest talents out there, Giovinco, is going to end up on the bench behind Diego and Del Piero.
You been around for a while, and you never struck me as clueless, dont start now.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006

:agree: :lol:

Suns...both Tiago and Giovinco have t2o different positions...so playing one of them doesnt hurt the other's chance of playing!! :)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Last time I checked it was Juventus that hired Ferrara to make the team win not Giovinco's agent to make Seba a world class player.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We dont know Ferrara's habbits on player and formation rotation just yet!

The first friendlies suggest that he can adapt to the situation and get the est of our available material, it remains to be seen how he will react under some real pressure!
But for now, the omens are good! Even for Tiago, the new role and trust we shown him might have a positive impact on him.

Actually, if we sell Pousen and/or Tiago, i wouldnt mind Almiron given a second chance too!!

Juventino_10

Aug 2, 2008
i think that as del piero is getting older then giovinco should be direcly behind diego in cam pecking order and whenever del piero is rested and we are struggling to create chances he should be introduced into the game. He could also be subbed on to make the formation a 4 2 2 if we need more attacking options (with diego more centrally and gio drifting wide)

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
Hello Juve Fans,

First post here. I think it is very innovative the approach Ferrara is giving the team tactically. If we are going to play 4-3-1-2, I believe is because all the manpower WE (can I use it?) in the CM positions. Momo and Melo will be a scary combinaiton in the midfield and if we add another CM with more passing capabilities like Marchisio and Tiago it could work quite well (Since I believe Melo is a capable long pass launcher). Giving Diego more room to operate.
But I believe with this formation Juve is getting rid of wingers, which I don't know to what extend it would be beneficial since we have a great expirienced player in Camoranesi and a developing Giovinco, but maybe it is smart because there are not many subs for them. The question I have is that in order for this formation to work will we need offensively gifted wingbacks?, though I like Molinaro and Grygera alot, I don't see them facing up defenders in 3/4 of the field. And the other question is if giovinco is capable of playing the classic "10" position? And what Juventus will do with M. Camoranesi? since apparently the formation doesn't need wingers anymore.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
1 - Welcome to the forum, yes you can use WE :)

2 - Ideally, we do need better attacking fullbacks, but I think our budget for this season really must be over now...if Zebina and Molinaro can stay fit, I think we will at least have energetic fullbacks who will go up and down the sideline all match long

3 - Camo has been playing brilliantly in Ciro's 4-3-1-2, so I think he will be fine in that position...the guy is so damn good anyway, I don't think formations make that much of a difference to him

4 - The best position for Gio is still an unanswered question...he is very good in wide positions in a 4-3-3, can play as a support striker, and the # 10...I prefer him down the left flank, but Ciro will use him as the Diego backup this season, so I hope he can do well there...Seba certainly has all the tools necessary to be an excellent player in that position

Hope that helps :)

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
Thank you very much!

I agree, Molinaro runs up and down the wing all game long and defends really well and Zebina is very good also, the assist he gave Iaquinta in the friendly in Australia was something.

I also like Giovinco playing from the flank since he can recieve the ball without anyone marking him from behind, last season I believe he learned alot watching Pavel and now he will learn the #10 from Diego. It would be great to watch him develop steadily at Juve. ESPN Latin America commenters suggested that he could be the new Alex as a second striker, but right now I doubt it a little bit since Giovinco is very small for Calcio tough defenses, his technical abilities despite being raw are very impressive though!

Watching Camoranesi against Real and A. Villa shows that he is capable of playing CM since he can still wing alot being close to the right flank. He is top notch and having a World Cup doesn't hurt either. My only complain is that in some free kicks his crosses were bit low, still, it is only preseason.

best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)