Midfield situation (30 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Did ciro say we would be playing a 4-3-2-1 or a 4-2-3-1?

Is there any chance he will play Giovinco, Diego, Del Piero...together?

Mar 9, 2006

Of cuz, but last news was that Tiago is not for sale and he is Ferrara main player this year according channel4:
“He’s not going anywhere because we are counting on him for the new season. Coach Ciro Ferrara sees him as an important figure in a three-man midfield.”
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul13b.html
Probably Ferrara will play 4312, with Melo(marchisio) - Sissoko(zanetti) - Tiago(poulsen) + Diego(giovinco) :tup:

engireman

May 26, 2009
Sure, Tiago definitely play in Ferrara's 3 man midfield, because Tiago can play his both legs which suitable to play in left side of midfield. If Dago is signed by us, Tiago definitely leave us.
Melo /Marchisio/-Sissiko /Poulsen/-Tiago /Zanetti/
Diego

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

This is what I would use:

Buffon
Zebina(Grygera)-Araiudo(Cannavaro)-Chiellini(Legrotaglie)-De Ceglie(Molinaro)

Marchisio(Ekdal)-Melo(Tiago)-Sissoko(Poulsen)

Diego(Camoranesi)-Giovinco(Del Piero)

Amauri(Trezeguet/Iaquinta)​

Everyone has a nice replacement...Zanetti would be backup for the backups or rotations. Our current squad gives us ENORMOUS flexibility when deciding a formation and the starting 11. The formation I would like gives us plenty of creativity and if DP is on form he can start.

joeypro

Aug 26, 2008
Hustini, I love th formation. Although we should buy a RB. the only problem in this formation is, that Diego won't be ablt to play his role as centre of the team. So I'd put Giovinco here as second striker and turn it into a 4-3-1-2.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
That satisfies my burning desire to see Marchisio and Giovinco included in our new formation, and also, it provides a plethora of attacking options. Giovinco has no trouble at all finding width, and Marchisio can drift to the right at times to give some balance on the right.

Still, it appears that Ciro wants to play Tiago, which I assume means the loss of Marchiso. Shameful...though Momo and Melo will definitely miss a few games through suspension, and Tiago still needs to prove his fitness, which is unsurprising given the little he has played this year so far, but still, shocking for a professional footballer.

I am 100% with you with that formation, Hustini. if poulsen leaves, strengthen the defence, primarily the left back area..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yeah we certainly lacked this for a while, forced to play long balls under capello to expecting Defensive midfielders to turn into playmakers and overrelying on wing backs to put half decent crosses, finally providing we stay fit and in good condition lets see the forgotten Juve!

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
That satisfies my burning desire to see Marchisio and Giovinco included in our new formation, and also, it provides a plethora of attacking options. Giovinco has no trouble at all finding width, and Marchisio can drift to the right at times to give some balance on the right.

Still, it appears that Ciro wants to play Tiago, which I assume means the loss of Marchiso. Shameful...though Momo and Melo will definitely miss a few games through suspension, and Tiago still needs to prove his fitness, which is unsurprising given the little he has played this year so far, but still, shocking for a professional footballer.

I am 100% with you with that formation, Hustini. if poulsen leaves, strengthen the defence, primarily the left back area..
im sure ciro wants to have a very strong midfield with lots of options so he can rotate it oftenly
great team rely much on their midfield,if it can dominated the other team its very good for the team.
plus all these option make our team more versatile
tiago might be better suited to 4-3-3 than marchisio but with the 4-4-2 marchisio is better..etc

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'd hate to see Marchisio on the bench, but if Tiago can give us what he gave Chelsea and Lyon I will be satisfied. The club winning again is more important than Marchisio playing right now. Tiago was built for a 3 man midfield, while Marchisio is still trying to find and define his own game. If we are winning with Tiago on the field then Marchisio on the bench it is, or vice versa. I just want the club to win again.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Buffon
Zebina(Grygera)-Araiudo(Cannavaro)-Chiellini(Legrotaglie)-De Ceglie(Molinaro)

Marchisio(Ekdal)-Melo(Tiago)-Sissoko(Poulsen)

Diego(Camoranesi)-Giovinco(Del Piero)

Amauri(Trezeguet/Iaquinta)​
yea this Formation sounds great..but man Ekdal is officially on loan to Siena :turk:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
What about Zanetti guys? Chances are he wont be fit an entire season, but when fit he can balance out an entire midfield by himself. He's not the future, but a Zanetti in shape is still a better player than Marchisio, Tiago and Poulsen and he is a more polished player than Melo and Sissoko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)